Show your DIY Projects

Not completely beer related, but I will use to power a 12vdc pump lol

Left connectors are 12vdc 20A.
Right connectors are controlled by the buck/boost controller. 0.5-30vdc 4A.
20211223_135048.jpg

I usually just add star sans and plug the ends
Starsan is quite corrosive. Just ask any aluminum pot you ever put it in. I have enough trouble with hard water that I don't want to aggravate it.

I've noticed that every time I chill a batch with it, it comes out super shiny on the outside. Never realized the pH of wort was acid enough to clean copper that way.

I blow as much out as I can get, then hang it upside down to drain the drips into the top bends, then, carefully pick it up to finish draining. Since it's gonna get a good boil next time I use it (10 minutes before flame out), I don't worry too much about bacteria. I hose it off after a batch to get the sticky wort off the outside, and clean it up enough to store it without it gluing itself to something. I've got a rather large immersion chiller, some 50 feet of copper tubing I rolled for the purpose.

Starsan is quite corrosive. Just ask any aluminum pot you ever put it in. I have enough trouble with hard water that I don't want to aggravate it.

I've noticed that every time I chill a batch with it, it comes out super shiny on the outside. Never realized the pH of wort was acid enough to clean copper that way.

I blow as much out as I can get, then hang it upside down to drain the drips into the top bends, then, carefully pick it up to finish draining. Since it's gonna get a good boil next time I use it (10 minutes before flame out), I don't worry too much about bacteria. I hose it off after a batch to get the sticky wort off the outside, and clean it up enough to store it without it gluing itself to something. I've got a rather large immersion chiller, some 50 feet of copper tubing I rolled for the purpose.
Yeah I think Ozarks response is in relation to a counterflow chiller not an imersion chiller;).
With the imersion chiller it doesn't matter what's in the cooling coil as it never touches your beer.
But
With a plate chiller or counterflow chiller your wort is pumped through the coil whilst your chill water is forced around the outside of the coil so the coil is best left cleaned and sanitized before reuse to avoid mould bacteria build up.
Yup I'd blow it out like @Donoroto little contraption does then pump my boiling wort through before using on brew day.

Oh nice this way you can clean your beer transfer lines as well on the piggy back from tap to tap.
Ya. It cleans everything in one go. I checked one of the faucets, it was Shiney clean.

160+°F PBW under pressure for 20 minutes.

Yeah I think Ozarks response is in relation to a counterflow chiller not an imersion chiller;).
With the imersion chiller it doesn't matter what's in the cooling coil as it never touches your beer.
But
With a plate chiller or counterflow chiller your wort is pumped through the coil whilst your chill water is forced around the outside of the coil so the coil is best left cleaned and sanitized before reuse to avoid mould bacteria build up.
Yup I'd blow it out like @Donoroto little contraption does then pump my boiling wort through before using on brew day.
Yeah, I guess so. If I had a plate cooler, I'd probably tend to just run boiling water through it then blow it out when I was doing cleanup, and do it again before use on the next batch. Get it hot, kill the bugs. Gotta purge it with beer before capturing anyway.

Nice work Frosty! Who said Breadboarding is dead? What's with the single connections on the screw terminals? Future work?

Back