Show your DIY Projects

I got a few axe heads in an auction in August and I've discovered I get real enjoyment out of cleaning them up and putting handles on them. This one I did up and I'm going to give to my nephew at Thanksgiving, it's got a wicked sharp edge on it and the head is at least 75 years old so it's a pretty cool piece of history.
upload_2021-9-28_17-35-53.png

I got a few axe heads in an auction in August and I've discovered I get real enjoyment out of cleaning them up and putting handles on them. This one I did up and I'm going to give to my nephew at Thanksgiving, it's got a wicked sharp edge on it and the head is at least 75 years old so it's a pretty cool piece of history.

There's some real satisfaction to be had in making and restoring stuff.

These show the business side of the same bar. It's a six coil mini remote cooler but we would only run four products through it.

A secondary regulator per product gives us good control over different types of beers and two primary regulators gives the option to have 30/70 there for an IPA or Pale that needs it.

We built this one in my back yard on A Sunday afternoon as a solution to the covid re opening restrictions.

20210925_161950.jpg 20210925_161640.jpg

Attachments

• 20210925_161539.jpg
    20210925_161539.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 57
Hey, speaking of diy....what's a food safe grease? Wifey's Vita-Mix blade bearing is sounding a little grindy....

Hey, speaking of diy....what's a food safe grease? Wifey's Vita-Mix blade bearing is sounding a little grindy....

Is it not bear season where you guys are? Absent bear grease or goose grease I would be thinking olive oil, or any sort of vegetable oil, both very high flashpoint :)

Back