Q2 2021 Brewersfriend Community Recipie.

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Gday Fellow Brewers here we are Again near at the beginning of another Brewersfriend Community Recipie Quarter.

What a Stella Start we've had so Far @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews with his Delicious Czech Dark Lager and @HighVoltageMan! with his hoppy west coast Pale ale.
Both beers fantastic examples of their style and both meddling in Competition bloody Outstanding!

I thought I'd get this thread started to sort out the draw and put the feelers out for anyone who would wish to partake in this Brewersfriend Community Recipie.
Here is the list of Names I have so far in the tin.

@BOB357
@Ward Chillington
@Sunfire96
@west1m
@weldedsord
@Craigerrr
@Steve SPF
@Josh Hughes
@Zambezi Special
@56 Firedome
@Nosybear
@BarbarianBrewer
@Hawkbox
@Chaos home brewing
@The Brew Mentor
@The Beerery
@AHarper
@Megary
@Donoroto
@Group W (can't remember if you wanted in)?
@Trialben
@Blackmuse
@jmcnamara
@uk_brewer
@sbaclimber
@Beer Foundry
@Vallka
@soccerdad
@Yooper
@Pricelessbrewing
@Ozarks Mountain Brew
@Herm_brews

Have I missed anyone?
If you want in on the BFC recipie just let me know in this thread or you can PM me if you wish.

ANYONE listed that don't want in Let me know ;)?

So basically if your name is Drawn from the Tin by my little darling Matilda you can either accept or decline the offer to be the Brewer of the Quarter.
If decline we'll just draw another name.
The Recipie you put forward is your favourite hombrew recipie - your tried and tested favourite beer you like to brew - one your happy to share with all us eager thirsty homebrewers!

Remember it's not ment to be serious this isnt a competition where you need to adhere to BJCP standard. This is a way for us to come together over this brewing platform to share our recipies brew each others fave beers and share what we thought about them.

I'm excited to see who the Brewer for Q2 will be:)!
Cheers

Last edited:
Great ! More brewing letter codes to learn. BFC ... I always thougt it stood for Big Fookin' Cheese and I have always been the BFC.

Last edited:
I will be very limited in options/participation due to availability of ingredients. That's more or less a permanent thing.
Coming couple of months will even be harder as my kit is still in storage.
Still, I'm definitely interested.
I like the idea. Sort of pushing boundaries a bit...

Great ! More brewing letter codes to learn. BFC ... I always that it stood for Big Fookin' Cheese and I have always been the BFC.
BFC (brewersfriend Community ) beats typing it out.;)

I will be very limited in options/participation due to availability of ingredients. That's more or less a permanent thing.
totally get it.
I was going to add this into the header msg but thought not.
Yeah just because I've put your name in the list doesn't mean you have got to brew the Quarterly submitted recipie and even if your name is Drawn for the Quarter and it doesnt suit you for some reason at the time.
No probs I'll put you back In the tin and draw another.;)

No pressure at all were not all here for that :).

I think it'd be interesting to be limited to certain things based on your location, sort of a brewing local type of thing

Zam - we can hang out at the departure lounge for flights heading to Jo'burg and ask unsuspecting people to smuggle brew supplies to you

Would it make sense to not put someone's name back in yet hat until everyone has had their name drawn?

Zam - we can hang out at the departure lounge for flights heading to Jo'burg and ask unsuspecting people to smuggle brew supplies to you
South Africa has just opened its land borders. Now waiting for people to go there and (re)supply me :cool:
But, a lot more south africans started brewing, so shops are low on stock.

Anyway, I'll be back in full swing in a couple of months!

Would it make sense to not put someone's name back in yet hat until everyone has had their name drawn?
That's what's happening with the previous quarterly brewers so far.
If for some reason a selected brewer doesn't want to put forth a recipie who am I to judge.
There could be a myriad if reasons moving house-inbetween jobs-just feeling lazy - bloody Covid:rolleyes:.
Either /Either I'm easy
Another brewer will be drawn anyhow...

In the end it ain't my call I'm just the middle man here lol:D.

That's what's happening with the previous quarterly brewers so far.
If for some reason a selected brewer doesn't want to put forth a recipie who am I to judge.
There could be a myriad if reasons moving house-inbetween jobs-just feeling lazy - bloody Covid:rolleyes:.
Either /Either I'm easy
Another brewer will be drawn anyhow...

In the end it ain't my call I'm just the middle man here lol:D.
Sorry, poor choice of words... (That's what's happening with the previous quarterly brewers so far.) sounds good to me.

Oki doki Drum roll the Brewer For the second Quarter of 2021 IS....
20210320_081350.jpg

Oh wait she's gunna eat it Quick get it out her paw!:eek:
20210320_081307.jpg

This is what Survived

BLACKMUSE:D!!!

@Blackmuse you have been selected For BFC recipie for Q2!
Congratulations Man.

So it's up to you black muse you can choose to decline the offer if you wisho_O.
Or it's your Favourite tried and tested homebrew recipe that you'd like to share with us eager hombrewers here on the forum to brew your beer.

A bit of a speal about how you came about this beer the tweaks you might have done to narrow it down to this brew.
Why you love this beer so much.
And maybe yeast/malt substitutions one could use if they can't source the exact ingredience where they live.

AWESOME Stuff can't wait to see what we end up brewing.
CHEERS!:)

Last edited:
No word from @Blackmuse hope you check in over the next few days mate or a redraw will be in order... :rolleyes:

I haven't seen him on the forums lately?

We'll give em a day or two and then maybe redraw?

Back