Average attenuation

Mark Farrall

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I can't remember if this was something that's scheduled to be fixed, or was previously fixed.

I just created a new brew session of https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/675747/tiny-wild. The recipe has two yeast, one a lactobacillus with 0% attenuation and the second, a saccharomyces with 81% attenuation. The recipe has the correct attenuation using the saccharomyces, but I can't remember if that's me manually setting that or not.

The snapshot has averaged the two yeast for an expected 41% attenuation (giving me a small heart attack when I looked at the predicted ABV). Is this still a change that's yet to be fixed? I remember @Pricelessbrewing mentioning that it was going to use the higher attenuation when multiple yeast are added to the recipe.

Correct, I had thought it was fixed, but looks like the update for this has gotten blocked due to some other attenuation related issues we were trying to solve at the same time.

I will followup and see if we can get this one streamlined.

@Yooper #1727

Correct, I had thought it was fixed, but looks like the update for this has gotten blocked due to some other attenuation related issues we were trying to solve at the same time.

I will followup and see if we can get this one streamlined.

@Yooper #1727
Not really in a hurry, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a regression issue.

Back