Community recipe?

F YEAH MAN that's a great feeling when things finally go right for you. You done good!

I've been struggling with a gas leak for more than a week. Thought I had it last week but no, it was 0 on Wednesday. Soapie water search continued. Looks good so on Sunday I went downstairs for a Superbowl pint. Oooooh noooo! 0 again. Shady Bohemian is carbed just no gas to push it out. Emergency trip to get a refill for another pint refill. Just turned gas on to pour a Shady Bohemian & turned gas back off. Monday dawned with a mission, Find that leak!
Started at the gas tank, soapie water shows leak at Regulator to gas tank joint. Investigated & found I had put the red disk in backwards & crushed the rib. Dashed to LHBS for 2 new red disks & installed one. Tank valve on, Regulator valve off. No leaks. Next check the rest of the hoses & Manifold. My gas tank is outside the fridge so I filled a bucket & put it in the fridge so I could dunk hoses, manifold & hoses with gas in Ball Locks, no leaks. Therefore, leak must be on the Keg or Kegs.
I filled the bathtub, pressurized the Kegs & dunked them, one at a time. No bubbles. I am left with only 1 potential culprit, O-rings on post. They didn't foam when I soapie tested the gas connects. I changed both O-rings on both Kegs in desperation. I returned the Kegs to the fridge & hooked them back up. Soapie Water test again with fingers crossed. No obvious leaks! Pressurized Kegs & turned off gas valve & watched low pressure gage. 20 min later Holding steady. Feeling brave I opened the tank valve, needles jumped to 850 & 12 PSI. Checked them every 20 min 3 times. Feeling more brave, ate dinner & checked again in 2 hrs. Still good. Did a little Victory Dance & went to bed. This AM checked again, still holding.
All these gyrations have delayed the Carbing of the Wayners APA. But we're back on line. All this has forced me to be patient while the Shady Bohemian was lagering. It is truly tastie & the Wayners is carbing, finally.
What a story!
What a ride!
I was on the edge of my seat, and then, a happy ending!
The Co2 BOSS!

Willis in a Tarentino move is like putting peanut butter on a prime rib steak. I would cast Billy Bob Thornton to play you, and Christopher Walken as the Co2 salesman, nothing funny here!

What we need here is more Co2...

Wow, I actually look like Billy Bob. Didn't he marry Angelina Jolie? Tarintino loves a big Shoot'em up. Sam Jackson would be the Heaviest of Heavies. Christopher Walken is a perfect choice for the guy behind the counter at the LHBS. Grinning evilly while pumping the lever to refill, for the 3rd time in 2 weeks, "You'll be back again."
Yeah, sounds like a Oscar winner for sure.

Another thread that hung a left at Albuquerque!

Have to get Tarantino to direct the movie, he's the only one edgy enough...do you suppose Bruce Willis is available to star?
As long as the gas that's leaking is highly toxic and explosive!
Adds that extra sense of danger and urgency to finding and shutting down the leak.
Oh and theres gotta be a bad guy a hot chick and a bunch of hostages he's gotta save as well before the joint Blows!
Now I'm in:)

Needs to be Uma
upload_2021-2-11_11-1-19.png

Back