St Patrick’s Day beer

Josh Hughes

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
What are you guys brewing for St. Patrick’s day if anything?

For me my typical Irish Dry Stout.
70% Maris Otter
20% Flaked barley
10% roasted Barley
38 IBU of EKGs
Nottingham yeast (usually use s04 but hear this is great for a stout)
Edit: 0.75 of gypsum and calcium chloride

Last edited:
No plans yet, but your’s sounds like a good idea. For a few weeks, I thought I wanted to brew my first Stout, but I have drifted on that idea. Who knows?

Last edited:
What? No Bud Lite with Green Food Coloring?

Actually, thanks for the reminder! It's a good time to be thinking about that, March being right around the corner as well as 6 weeks away..at least that's what Puxataney Phil said earlier this week. I better check the weather report for next weekend...

I have my Smithwick's Irish Red fermenting now. Bottle in two weeks. Three and a half weeks bottle conditioning puts me right on St. Patrick's day! If anybody asks....I uhhh planned it that way...yeah that's right I planned that way it all along!

My next brew will be David Heaths ESB, with 4 kegs on the go and all being pretty full right now, I should have it brewed and serving by then.

What? No Bud Lite with Green Food Coloring?

Actually, thanks for the reminder! It's a good time to be thinking about that, March being right around the corner as well as 6 weeks away..at least that's what Puxataney Phil said earlier this week. I better check the weather report for next weekend...
Didn't think about St. Patrick's day. Have a cream ale fermenting now maybe I'll just put green coloring in a few bottles:D

My intention was to brew a Stout but I have sidelined those plans because I want to brew Wayner’s PA before the quarter is over. You all are killing me with these great pics of the First Quarter Beer.

As a huge fan of Stouts, I would love for you to try and Oyster Stout as well. :)
Haha oyster stouts are so good! I was looking for a recipe and didn't find much. One of my hometown brewpubs made a batch with 500 lbs of fresh Pacific oysters and it was so delicious

Back