St Patrick’s Day beer

I know I shouldn't judge without tasting it first, and I do like clam chowder and lobster but.....oysters in beer? :confused:
Then again I once had a chocolate cricket stout at the Wisconsin State Fair. It was made with cricket powder and came with a deep-fried chocolate covered cricket. Both were surprisingly good. I swear, my daughter almost passed out when I ate the cricket! :eek:

I'd love to try an oyster stout next year
If I made one I would call it Blue Oyster Stout.
I have never had one, actually makes me grimace to think about it. I should try one. I've only ever tasted oysters once in my life, years ago. I have no recollection of what they taste like, so I can't imagine how this would taste.

I am going to brew up a dry Irish stout this weekend from a 2 gallon extract kit.

This will be my first stout, so I am excited to see how that turns out.
That's pretty cool, what hops, and yeast are you using?

If I made one I would call it Blue Oyster Stout.
I have never had one, actually makes me grimace to think about it. I should try one. I've only ever tasted oysters once in my life, years ago. I have no recollection of what they taste like, so I can't imagine how this would taste.
Oysters have a range of tastes, from salty to sweet. They are an acquired taste. I love me some oysters on the half shell.

I know I shouldn't judge without tasting it first, and I do like clam chowder and lobster but.....oysters in beer? :confused:
Then again I once had a chocolate cricket stout at the Wisconsin State Fair. It was made with cricket powder and came with a deep-fried chocolate covered cricket. Both were surprisingly good. I swear, my daughter almost passed out when I ate the cricket! :eek:
My wife, the retired science teacher, used to make cookies with cricket flour for her students, just to show what people around the world regularly consume for protein. The crickets are just like (fill in the blank), tastes like chicken. Those cookies were just fine.

I've had crickets, flying ants, caterpillars, jellyfish....
None made it to my list of favourite foods, but not bad either. It's s matter of not really thinking about what you are about to eat!

Double post again.
Is there a way to delete an unwanted entry?

I have eaten crickets, and they are alright. Whole, roasted and salted (like freeze dried chicken?), chips (ok), and flour in cookie dough (interesting).

Yes blue cheese, never ranch! Atleast not if you're truly going for a "Buffalo" feel
I prefer ranch but like both...but I should say I usually do not wings with buffalo sauce so I’m not sure if I’m violating anything :D

I prefer ranch but like both...but I should say I usually do not wings with buffalo sauce so I’m not sure if I’m violating anything :D
I'm not that much of a traditionalist. Some will say that it's sacrilegious to use anything but Frank's Red Hot and butter/margarine in the sauce. Really the crisp is the biggest thing most wing places outside of western New York screw up. Wings should really be double fried so the skin is crisp. I've had a lot of soggy feeling wings a lot of places and it's always disappointed. At BW3s you have to tell them well done/extra crispy and it's still hit and miss. When I was in Cincinnati though I found Wing Stop actually does a decent job without having to request them more done. Also I should note that they should be crispy outside and moist inside. I've had them dry all the way through and that's no fun either

Yes blue cheese, never ranch! Atleast not if you're truly going for a "Buffalo" feel
You should know! For many years we used to order wings from Anchor Bar and have them sent to us overnight (until the cost got out of hand). Those wings were right up there with the best I ever had. Meaty suckers, great sauce.

You should know! For many years we used to order wings from Anchor Bar and have them sent to us overnight (until the cost got out of hand). Those wings were right up there with the best I ever had. Meaty suckers, great sauce.
I've always liked Duff's better than Anchor Bar but ofcourse there's some real snobby people that will even knock Duff's for being too touristy nowadays. I still think they're great but the fact is if you think Anchor Bar is good there's atleast a dozen or more local bars or pizzerias that have wings that are just as good if not better

Back