Television Series

Couple Documentaries on the go right now.
A Year in Space is good, twelve 13 minute episodes, have watched 7 or 8 of them
Clive Davis, The Soundtrack of Our Lives - It is two hours long, I have to get back and watch the second half.
Dolly Parton, Here I Am - Not a country music lover, but Dolly transcended styles, a pure performer, great show!

Canadian political satire, and news parody, has been on the air since 1993.
"This Hour Has 22 Minutes"
The name itself is a bit of satire, it is a 30 minute show, which is 22 minutes after commercials!
20210106_194729.jpg

Canadian political satire, and news parody, has been on the air since 1993.
"This Hour Has 22 Minutes"
The name itself is a bit of satire, it is a 30 minute show, which is 22 minutes after commercials!
View attachment 13797
Don't think I've ever seen it but all I've ever gotten down here is CBC and CTV and haven't gotten either of them in years

Don't think I've ever seen it but all I've ever gotten down here is CBC and CTV and haven't gotten either of them in years
It is a CBC production, you should be able to get CBC, CTV, and Global with a cheap HD antenna from where you are.

It is a CBC production, you should be able to get CBC, CTV, and Global with a cheap HD antenna from where you are.
Well I'm in Rochester now so maybe not. Back in Buffalo I was definitely close enough and back in the old days the cable companies used to include those as part of the local channels package. Don't know where they broadcast the signal from but going north-south I'm like directly across the lake from Belleville. But then I'm another almost 15 miles from the lakeshore

It's still on? Wow. Last time I saw it they still had Rick Mercer on it.

It's still good, some of their skits are weak, but mostly good

@Hawkbox did you finish Letterkenny season 9? It's as hilarious as ever but I felt the plots were a bit weaker or even non-existent this time around. Also don't know how I feel about that last scene

I have Letter Kenny and Parks and Recreation on my list, there's just to damn much hockey in right now. Leafs and Oilers have both played 5 games in 8 days.

I have Letter Kenny and Parks and Recreation on my list, there's just to damn much hockey in right now. Leafs and Oilers have both played 5 games in 8 days.
Letterkenny goes quick because the seasons are only 6-7 episodes long. Highly recommend giving it a watch

My wife and I are in the last few designated surviver, great show! Then back to black list for the last season of that! GoT was awesome but hard to follow what was going on, looking forward to the next series!

Working our way through The Expanse... Don't know what got Amazon into the old-fashioned way of releasing one episode per week. Also working on The Stand.

Working our way through The Expanse... Don't know what got Amazon into the old-fashioned way of releasing one episode per week. Also working on The Stand.
More and more services are doing this (most notably Disney+) with their big draws because of a phenomenon they've started to call "churn". Because cancelling these services is so easy compared to "regular" TV providers people are signing up, often on a free trial, binging the content they want and then cancelling. Customer retention is everything in a subscription based business. Going back to one a week forces some people to stick around longer. Doesn't fully curb churn because you can just wait out the season and then binge but that comes with increased risk of spoilers. Wouldn't be surprised if within a couple years most major streaming series have gone back to weekly releases.

More and more services are doing this (most notably Disney+) with their big draws because of a phenomenon they've started to call "churn". Because cancelling these services is so easy compared to "regular" TV providers people are signing up, often on a free trial, binging the content they want and then cancelling. Customer retention is everything in a subscription based business. Going back to one a week forces some people to stick around longer. Doesn't fully curb churn because you can just wait out the season and then binge but that comes with increased risk of spoilers. Wouldn't be surprised if within a couple years most major streaming series have gone back to weekly releases.
I really wouldn't either.... Once I get The Stand out of the way, CBS Paramount Milk the Customer All Access goes back into a wait state until I have several of their series to watch, then switch back on....

I'm on an SG kick again both SG1 and Atlantis back and forth, one night

@Hawkbox did you finish Letterkenny season 9? It's as hilarious as ever but I felt the plots were a bit weaker or even non-existent this time around. Also don't know how I feel about that last scene

That last scene better have a satisfactory conclusion next season or I'm going to be pissed. Wayne isn't a dirtbag and they better not suddenly make him one.

It was funny but definitely weaker than most of the seasons. The whole Jewish one could have been way better than it was.

I'm on an SG kick again both SG1 and Atlantis back and forth, one night

I should honestly probably skip the first half of S1 SG1 cause I cringe watching it and it's hard to get through.

That last scene better have a satisfactory conclusion next season or I'm going to be pissed. Wayne isn't a dirtbag and they better not suddenly make him one.

It was funny but definitely weaker than most of the seasons. The whole Jewish one could have been way better than it was.
I'm still mad at Marie-Fred and if Wayne either cheats on Josie with her or dumps Josie for her, after everything that's happened between both him and Josie and him and Marie-Fred I'm going to be pissed. I'm expecting a lot of drama in general though after that final episode so I'm hoping season 10 is better. Is it just me though or was this the first season since season 1 that didn't have a holiday special?

Back