What’s for dinner?

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Venison chili and blue cornbread...

2CCC2D3D-ED38-488D-B65A-212AD6C1A9AF.jpeg

Tonite will be aeroplane food :(

Dinner is up to Wifey tonight but I just did breakfast ....Homemade biscuits and sausage gravy.

I got a little trick from the waitress for the gravy from a place in east Wyoming a few years back. Their biscuits were not as good as mine but the gravy was some of the best I ever had. They used heavy cream with the milk...about half and half and a sage sausage. Takes it to a whole other level in a velvet mouthfeel and richness. As a northerner, biscuits and gravy were not a part of my food world until I was in my 30's and since that first bite at a Roy Rodgers, I have been on a hunt to find a really good recipe then I found the Grail in Casper WY.

Hey @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews ...do you put any plain old corn kernels in the blue bread?? Get a little color vibration going on in it!

Dinner is up to Wifey tonight but I just did breakfast ....Homemade biscuits and sausage gravy.

I got a little trick from the waitress for the gravy from a place in east Wyoming a few years back. Their biscuits were not as good as mine but the gravy was some of the best I ever had. They used heavy cream with the milk...about half and half and a sage sausage. Takes it to a whole other level in a velvet mouthfeel and richness. As a northerner, biscuits and gravy were not a part of my food world until I was in my 30's and since that first bite at a Roy Rodgers, I have been on a hunt to find a really good recipe then I found the Grail in Casper WY.

Hey @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews ...do you put any plain old corn kernels in the blue bread?? Get a little color vibration going on in it!

That makes a great gravy to drown a chicken fried steak in too.

Have some leftover venison stew. Thought, why not try a shepards pie? Did a goog and was quite suprized at the contradictions of ingredients. Some say traditional is with ground beef, some say lamb etc. Cottage pie gets mixed in too. What say ye UK traditionalists? I'm throwing some mashed spuds on this thick stew and crisping them a bit in the oven. Maybe some shredded cheese near end cooking .
What is a "Traditional Shepards Pie"?
What is a "Traditional Cottage Pie"?

All I know is shepherds pie is the one with beef mince in and mash potatoe on top.
Cottage pie I'm not sure interesting question.

Have some leftover venison stew. Thought, why not try a shepards pie? Did a goog and was quite suprized at the contradictions of ingredients. Some say traditional is with ground beef, some say lamb etc. Cottage pie gets mixed in too. What say ye UK traditionalists? I'm throwing some mashed spuds on this thick stew and crisping them a bit in the oven. Maybe some shredded cheese near end cooking .
What is a "Traditional Shepards Pie"?
What is a "Traditional Cottage Pie"?

My wife was born & raised in Ireland. Her shepherd's pie is beef, gravy and veggies with mashed spuds on top. After it's cooked through, she puts it under the broiler and crisps the spuds up.

My wife was born & raised in Ireland. Her shepherd's pie is beef, gravy and veggies with mashed spuds on top. After it's cooked through, she puts it under the broiler and crisps the spuds up.
That sounds wonderful

Great on a cold night.

My clone of Popeye's spicy fried chicken, with a green salad and whatever frozen veggie is on top in the freezer. Tipped the scale under 260for the first time in recent memory, so passing on a nice baked spud :(

20210117_174623.jpg

Make shift Shepards Pie. (Mashed spuds on leftover venison stew.) This is going to cool a bit before we dig in.
Will make this again! Simply tasty. My kinda food.
Still curious where lamb came into this on goog.

My clone of Popeye's spicy fried chicken, with a green salad and whatever frozen veggie is on top in the freezer. Tipped the scale under 260for the first time in recent memory, so passing on a nice baked spud :(

I tipped the scale at 250 for the first time about Christmas. Trying to size down portions, including beer and get a bit more exercise. So far lifting pork chops hasn't helped. May need to lift a bit more.:( 22oz mug?:rolleyes:

Back