Recipe suggestions from Ingredients Calculator?

Daninja

Trial Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, so please excuse me if this has been asked before.

Anyone know if there's an online reverse calculator that suggests beer recipes based on what ingredients (hops/malts/etc.) you have? Something like cocktailbuilder.com (that also lists more options if you were to buy one or two more suggested ingredients)? I'd like to brew something new with what I already have—especially at a time when I have more ingredients than spare cash. If not, I'll add it to the Feature requests.

Cheers in advance!

i'm not really aware of one but if you post what you have I'm sure some of us can come up with something. At least it will be drinkable. ;)

If you go under "My Brewing" and click "My Inventory", there's a greenish "Recipe Suggestions" button that might be of some help. I think the suggestions are from all community shared recipes and not just your own. The tool is kind of wonky (For example, I have all the ingredients for at least one of my beers, but it doesn't suggest that one when I click the button. o_O), but might offer some help.

**EDIT**
I was assuming you were talking about something specific to your inventory saved on Brewer's Friend, but I think I may have misunderstood.

Select Beer Recipes under the Search menu. In there you can enter zero to many fermentables, hops, yeasts, etc. You can also enter the ranges for things like OG, IBU, ABV, etc. That will show you public recipes on Brewer's Friend that match the criteria entered

upload_2020-12-7_20-15-45.png

i'm not really aware of one but if you post what you have I'm sure some of us can come up with something. At least it will be drinkable. ;)
Cheers, Hawkbox. Will do that after I see what goodies my mate brings back from the States. Though I may end up with too many choices, then!

If you go under "My Brewing" and click "My Inventory", there's a greenish "Recipe Suggestions" button that might be of some help. I think the suggestions are from all community shared recipes and not just your own. The tool is kind of wonky (For example, I have all the ingredients for at least one of my beers, but it doesn't suggest that one when I click the button. o_O), but might offer some help.

**EDIT**
I was assuming you were talking about something specific to your inventory saved on Brewer's Friend, but I think I may have misunderstood.

Thanks, Megary. I'm pretty new to all this tech assistance—up until now, all my records have been pencil on paper! I'll remember to use the Recipe Suggestions function once I upload my inventory. Thanks for pointing it out.

Select Beer Recipes under the Search menu. In there you can enter zero to many fermentables, hops, yeasts, etc. You can also enter the ranges for things like OG, IBU, ABV, etc. That will show you public recipes on Brewer's Friend that match the criteria entered

View attachment 13150
Cheers, BB! That's helped to narrow down my choices somewhat. I can't further refine suggestions by Brewed or Rating (as contibution numbers are limited), so I'll probably go by that ever-reliable differentiator, Title.;)

Cheers, BB! That's helped to narrow down my choices somewhat. I can't further refine suggestions by Brewed or Rating (as contibution numbers are limited), so I'll probably go by that ever-reliable differentiator, Title.;)

I don't use those columns either. If I find something I like I'll first save a copy to My Recipes (so I can scale it to my batch size and maybe tweak the ingredients) so, my brewing it doesn't increment the brew count on the original recipe.

Back