What are you drinking right now?

I've had several Drs. tell me the booze was better for me than most of the meds they once prescribed for chronic pain. I don't like to take opiates anyway, so will take my chances. Been on this whiskey/beer regimen for several years, often with more whiskey than now, and my annual checkups and labs don't show any problems. Figure I'll quit when they pry a warm and empty glass out of my hand:)
I’m 40 but had a disc “explode” in my back when I was 26 and had surgery. So a few times a year It still “goes out” and I’m laid up a few days. Alcohol loosens me much easier and quicker than the ER trips that used to be about once a year. We were in vacation a few years ago and my back went out before the drive. The entire trio my wife kept telling to go get a drink not a bad vacation

This is my attempt at using my brewzilla for the 3rd time making a Tripel. Brewzilla not dialed in yet. My mash was too thin resulting in a somewhat thin but tasty, low ABV ale. Used S-33 yeast. Ill have to do it again soon.
20201118_171648.jpg

The accidentally amber wheat. I don't think I need to repeat this one, which is good because I never found out which malt turned it amber. I suspect that the C20 malt was actually C120, but the shop insists that it was C20. Oh well, its drinkable. Prost!
20201118_152550.jpg

The accidentally amber wheat. I don't think I need to repeat this one, which is good because I never found out which malt turned it amber. I suspect that the C20 malt was actually C120, but the shop insists that it was C20. Oh well, its drinkable. Prost!View attachment 12940
That's too bad they are in denial. Send them a photo so they can see what they insist is c20 lol. Not a good time to be a stubborn business owner over a few oz of grain.

The accidentally amber wheat. I don't think I need to repeat this one, which is good because I never found out which malt turned it amber. I suspect that the C20 malt was actually C120, but the shop insists that it was C20. Oh well, its drinkable. Prost!View attachment 12940
Beer looks great. And I love the Chowning’s Tavern banner/poster. Very nice.

That's too bad they are in denial. Send them a photo so they can see what they insist is c20 lol. Not a good time to be a stubborn business owner over a few oz of grain.
Yea, it's frustrating. I keep trying to buy from them over the online shops, but they can't beat the prices of Morebeer and Williams (which are sortof local to me too...). And so far their customer service isn't making up for it.

Dunkel. It didn't carbonate as much as I would've liked, but the last 6 bottles are going in the fridge until Thanksgiving. It's a nice break from homebrew pales and blondes, lots of coffee and roasted smells and flavors. Dark lagers are so good, and now I'm especially excited for the community recipe, Shady bohemian! I want to improve my temp consistency in the mash and fermentation next time. Cheers!
20201119_140032.jpg

Day 2 of lockdown here in Sth Aust. luckily our government has declared bottle shops as essential so remain open hahaha
Blew my keg of Danktown DIPA and my summer Hefe is still carbing so off to my local store i go !
Luckily theres a fresh shipment of Garage project , Cloudwater and a few Other Half due in today so wallet will hurt later but IDGAF .

Stay safe and look after each other

Back