What are you drinking right now?

Haven't had this one for a while, it is inspiring me to try and make something like it! Ingredients are listed, but not with percentages. Two row, C45, caramunich I, carafoam. Summit, Simcoe, Columbus, Chinook. Cali Ale yeast.
20201010_171257.jpg
20201010_171356.jpg

Dunkelweizen (with Munich Classic yeast)

I can’t make heads or tails of this. I like it, but it’s a really bizarre beer. The aroma is a chocolate-banana-malty mess, but the taste and drinkability are really nice. I’m on my 4th, so I’ll eventually get to the bottom of it! I would give anything to find a commercial example of this style to compare, but I guess they are outlawed in Pennsylvania or something. Who brews a Dunkelweizen anymore??

394DEB1F-1DB2-41E1-B645-F69C066839D4.jpeg

Dunkelweizen (with Munich Classic yeast)

I can’t make heads or tails of this. I like it, but it’s a really bizarre beer. The aroma is a chocolate-banana-malty mess, but the taste and drinkability are really nice. I’m on my 4th, so I’ll eventually get to the bottom of it! I would give anything to find a commercial example of this style to compare, but I guess they are outlawed in Pennsylvania or something. Who brews a Dunkelweizen anymore??

View attachment 12324
Honestly, I think your chocolate, banana, and malt is pretty spot on. We have a few really good examples brewed locally here in Colorado. Prost and Zwei both do very good Dunkelweizen's. Enjoy it! It certainly looks delicious!

Honestly, I think your chocolate, banana, and malt is pretty spot on. We have a few really good examples brewed locally here in Colorado. Prost and Zwei both do very good Dunkelweizen's. Enjoy it! It certainly looks delicious!
Local brewery here had a dunkelweizen and it had a touch of that choco- banana taste in the back not too much,Great beer. Only had a few times and they closed due to covid

Yours, or the beer's?
Yeah I havnt had a good half day session for a while I'm sorta 6 and out type thing but was back on the horse today kicked that lite n fizzy yesterday eve and got stuck into vienna Lager today.
Bros said it tastes beautiful ha all free beer does ;).

First bottle of my Bass style/clone. I like it. Not super carbed so I’ll give the other bottles a few more days. I like it. Tastes like a good English bitter to me
View attachment 12323
The Samuel Smith's glass, I have a couple of those myself, everything seems to taste better in that glass!

Victory - Festbier/Marzen

Victory’s Prima Pils is one of my favorite beers so I figured I’d give their Marzen a shot. It’s ok, but since I’m not a fan of the style, I really shouldn’t comment. I’m ready for Novemberfests.

The star for me is the glass. GoIng through a pile of sh...stuff in the basement the other day I found a pair of these, all wrapped up like I just purchased them. Sad, but I have no recollection of buying these at all. Considering the box they were in, it had to be at least 10 years ago. I always wanted some can shaped glasses, little did I know that I already had them.

3A63F828-0FCD-407A-B2F9-B18936AB8EE5.jpeg

AE02A95F-7012-4A99-8576-EB3A6F5352F8.jpeg

Victory’s Prima Pils is one of my favorite beers so I figured I’d give their Marzen a shot. It’s ok, but since I’m not a fan of the style, I really shouldn’t comment. I’m ready for Novemberfests.

The star for me is the glass. GoIng through a pile of sh...stuff in the basement the other day I found a pair of these, all wrapped up like I just purchased them. Sad, but I have no recollection of buying these at all. Considering the box they were in, it had to be at least 10 years ago. I always wanted some can shaped glasses, little did I know that I already had them.

View attachment 12334

View attachment 12335
Prima Pils is one of my favorites also. Founders re-branded their pilsner and while they say the recipe didn't change, it isn't the same. I can hardly find Pivo here in Colorado, and Prima isn't much better. I usually have to buy a Victory variety pack to get it.
Nice glasses by the way!

CFD761D3-4C71-4E45-9E40-5F7327B2D38D.jpeg
About the end of my Janet's Brown Ale. Such a great beer and I think I'm really going to try and make it a regular. It's just to enjoyable and to not have it on tap more often is just a crime.
View attachment 12330
I hear about Janets brown. Care to share a ballpark recipe?

dunkel. Need to put rest of bottles in the fridge to “lager” this is nice and clean. Bread crust hits then runs away.

putting plants into the greenhouse, gardening day today as well as a little work on the sheep shelter.
had a smoky grill going, grilling a chicken, chorizo and potatoes.... while drinking a 4 year old Belgian Ale and sipping the last of a 6 year old meade made with 'ulmo honey', local flowering trees.
IMG_2123weeeee.jpg
IMG_2126weee.jpg

View attachment 12334

View attachment 12335
My kind of glasses, I have three from different breweries.

putting plants into the greenhouse, gardening day today as well as a little work on the sheep shelter.
had a smoky grill going, grilling a chicken, chorizo and potatoes.... while drinking a 4 year old Belgian Ale and sipping the last of a 6 year old meade made with 'ulmo honey', local flowering trees.
View attachment 12338 View attachment 12339
Looks and sounds like a great day!

Back