Your top 3...

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
What are your top 3 beers(your own brews)? I'll tell you mine:

1. Dirty Bohemian, been working on this one since my first brew in July 19, I've got it where I want it now, I could really drink that one every day.

2 That 70s Beer. Started out to make an American Lager and wound up with a great Cream Ale, this one is replacing Blonde on Blonde in my line up, it's a simpler beer, but it's a better one too.

3.Shore Leave, my Cali Common, s little lighter bodied now with the switch from 34/70 to Mauribrew 497, but still a nice balanced beer with just enough hops and a thick creamy head.

Well that's my top 3 I could have ALMOST done 4, but Shady Bohemian is more a cold weather beer to me than a year round one.

1 Janets Brown
2 Hefe
3 Simple Amber with about 35 ibu`s

We brew such a variety It is impossible to pick out 3 specific recipes.
Even Janets Brown has been brewed with several different variances. All were tasty but slightly different with original recipe being the one to compare them to.

I'd have to make the same beer twice to really have a list like this. But in the spirit of the idea
1 Jalapeno pale ale
2 Olde Englishe Pube Ale
3 Broken Glass Wit (I broke a thermometer in my first ever all grain batch)

The first couple are ones I'm currently trying to nail down a solid repeatable recipe on. The last one was a one off brew that turned out amazing, probably need to revisit that one.

1. Trippy - Belgian Tripel on it's 8th iteration. Getting really close to what I want.
  2. GIBCS - last brew session was loosely based on the Goose Island bourbon county stout, I'll be doing my 9th iteration Thursday.
  3. Rye IPA - was shooting for a clone of dream crusher without having an idea of what they really used. wasn't a clone, but was pretty awesome.

Hoppy blond using any new world hops coupled with hornindal or Framgarden kviek.

Bunyip pale ale

Pilsner/light lager sooo crushable in the hot weather.

I'd have to make the same beer twice to really have a list like this. But in the spirit of the idea
1 Jalapeno pale ale
2 Olde Englishe Pube Ale
3 Broken Glass Wit (I broke a thermometer in my first ever all grain batch)

I almost hate to ask, but is there a backstory on the name of #2?

I have three really good recipes:

Fear No Weevil - Louisiana style Belgian Farmhouse Ale
The Mercx - Belgian Dark Strong Ale
The All-American - American Pale Ale

I have tried to find a unique local ingredient for each recipe.

Would you be willing to share the BDSA recipe?

Would you be willing to share the BDSA recipe?
Sure. Here's the link.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/601009/the-mercx-belgian-strong

A couple of notes: Instead of Vienna base malt, 2-row or pilsner can be used. Don't substitute for the Special B. It provides much of the overall character. I use Louisiana cane syrup where most recipes call for Belgian candi syrup. If you can't find this in your location, it can be approximated using 4 parts cane syrup and 1 part molasses.

Not been doing this long but there a few I have done more than once and will brew again in the next month or so.
1. Irish Stout
2. Best Bitter
3. Dunkel ( I did lower the “color” malt this time by about 30%)

I'm pretty new to this too and can only offer two entries. By the looks of it, I should be coming up with some catchy names for them.

1. House IPA. Pretty basic with cascade and centennial. I'm shooting for something along the lines of Bell's Two Hearted. Brewed half a dozen times or so with little variations but will be returning to an early version as I've yet to improve on it.

2. American Wheat - I nailed this one on the first try. I was shooting for something along the line of Bell's Oberon. I missed the mark a bit but it turned out great nonetheless.

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a big fan of Bell's.

64418D74-5B9E-405F-9605-A90A72560063.jpeg
I'm pretty new to this too and can only offer two entries. By the looks of it, I should be coming up with some catchy names for them.
Yes, indeed. You also need to come up with a catchy name for your brewery so that you can make t-shirts and bumper stickers.

Yeah, you can't really call yourself a home brewer unless you give at least one of your beers a unique name. :p
The recipe of mine I've named was an Irish Red where I had changed the source recipe enough to where I felt it was my recipe. I named it "Mary's Otter Irish Red" because I had changed the base malt from 2-Row to Maris Otter. Plus a friend had just had a daughter named Mary.

Back