new recipe ,advice ,hints please?

Rudibrew

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi im about to try this tomorrow.
any feedback on this recipe please?
and my challenge i face:
im going to split the boil in two identical brewpots,but the mash will be done at once in a container large enough.
i will split the hops equally for the boils.
once complete with boil,both will be siphoned into one fermenter.

i know,get a bigger brewpot ,but budgetary constraints,so i managed to borrow another pot!

Am i l pushing it or is this possible.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1037716/rudi-blonde

As always,thamks

Sorry, not a blonde ale kind of guy, others will no doubt have some comments for you. I don't see any issue with two separate boils, other than the obvious headache of managing two hot breaks and watching out for two boil overs. And then chilling two separate pots as well.

If you're going for a blonde ale, I think you're a bit high on the IBU. You may want to consider something in the 20-25 range. You might also want to consider moving some of your hops to be added between 5-10 minutes before flameout. This will give you a bit of hop flavor and aroma. Again, this depends on what style you're trying to achieve.

Last edited:
I think you'll need to write out carefully what to do for what pot (hop additions) and get different timers running (1 for each pot)
Mark's idea of not starting them at the same time is a very good one!

Hope it is all going well for you!

Reactions: Jnh
Thanks guys, strapping on my brewing apron,lol

Can I make a suggestion? Not about brewing, but about adopting a name. You're part of the community now, and a welcome one at that, and it's awkward to think of you as @brewer#329768 . I think of the gang here by their handles, and that makes you more "real" in an imaginary friends kind of way.

Can I make a suggestion? Not about brewing, but about adopting a name. You're part of the community now, and a welcome one at that, and it's awkward to think of you as @brewer#329768 . I think of the gang here by their handles, and that makes you more "real" in an imaginary friends kind of way.
I know,u right,I was messing around with the names and status message yesterday.
Will update it

Will update it
AWESOME!
Because @Yooper is right - you are certainly part of the crew here so - A name is in order! I believe you had said in your first post that your name was Rudi so that is how my brain has taken to thinking of you... Which is certainly easier than the number tag you have! :)

How did the two pot brew session pan out? Your recipe was set for 15L in the fermenter - did you do that or a 20L total?

Name suggestion:
BRudi?
Pronunciation Brew Dee
As others have mentioned we would like to better identify with you. There are a number of Brewer######'s here, it is difficult to differentiate between all of you numbered guys:D

Name suggestion:
BRudi?
Pronunciation Brew Dee
As others have mentioned we would like to better identify with you. There are a number of Brewer######'s here, it is difficult to differentiate between all of you numbered guys:D
You're a genius! Excellent name! Those friends of his that reap the benefits of his hard work should be calling him this too!

Alcohol banSA is about to be lifted (again), so how about "TheBanThatMadeMeStart?
Or just "Rudi Likes Alcohol" :)

Back