Craigerrr's Travels

Yesterday's travels were not the vacationing type of travels, but it was an adventure nonetheless. If you didn't know, I have (had) a kidney stone that had to be dealt with. It was 8mm (approximately 1/4"), and there was no way it would pass on it's own. Had my "procedure" yesterday, but things took a reeeaaaalllly looooong time. There were some emergencies that bumped me back. Arrived at the hospital at 11:15am Saturday for a 1:15 surgery. I didn't end up going into the OR until around 7pm. The option for me was to wait, or try and rebook, I chose to wait... came out of surgery around 8:20, but it took another 4 hours for the freezing to come out (they gave me an epidural, and sedated me). Long story short all went well, should be feeling good in another day or two. Had some toast when I got home last night (first food in 25 hours), and had a nice breakfast of poached eggs on toast this morning.

Thankfully the procedure was a success and here’s to a speedy recovery. All the best to you, sir.

Good news, eh!
Guess someone's developing a powerful thirst in your house :)

Carson's Campground, Sauble Beach, Ontario. On the shore of lake Huron (One of the 5 great lakes). This is mostly a seasonal park with permanent sites, not what I call camping really. We have a 23 foot trailer with AC, oven, microwave, full bathroom, so even when we are in the wilderness type camp sites, we are seriously glamping. At this place we are super glamping, paved streets, all with cute names, cement pad for the trailer, fire pit has a cement pad around it. It is kind of nice though, and just nice to get away from the rat race for a week. The last couple pictures are looking up and down our "street"
Screenshot_20200803-192058_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-192122_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20200803-192137_Maps.jpg
20200803_191843.jpg
20200803_191826.jpg
20200803_191832.jpg

Herm loves camping! If it wasn’t for extreme heat, and then an arson-caused wildfire burning in our nearby mountains, my wife and I would have been on a backpacking trip in those mountains right now. But alas, I am home and brewed beer instead.

We have had a heat wave for the last number of weeks, but is 64F currently.

Carson's Campground, Sauble Beach, Ontario. On the shore of lake Huron (One of the 5 great lakes). This is mostly a seasonal park with permanent sites, not what I call camping really. We have a 23 foot trailer with AC, oven, microwave, full bathroom, so even when we are in the wilderness type camp sites, we are seriously glamping. At this place we are super glamping, paved streets, all with cute names, cement pad for the trailer, fire pit has a cement pad around it. It is kind of nice though, and just nice to get away from the rat race for a week. The last couple pictures are looking up and down our "street"View attachment 11187 View attachment 11188 View attachment 11189 View attachment 11190 View attachment 11191 View attachment 11192
Atleast the cement pad means you don't have to get out the leveling blocks for the trailer...
It can be hard to really "rough it" if you still want your SO to tag along. Why my dad gave it up and got a trailer

Take your SCUBA gear up to Tobermory and dive some Shipwrecks. Too bad about the Zebra Mussels now though. Looks like a fun spot.

Hoping to go to Lake Ontario tomorrow. Know the park is open don't know if the beach access is or not where we are.

Really jealous of you now @Craigerrr , wish we could be out and about.
I've noticed your...water vase... didn't make it with you on this camping trip :p

Back