Bottled Water Costs

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a way of adding water costs to the system? I use bottled water to brew with - so I can adjust the chemistry from a known, published, base line value. This obviously costs money - whether it is bottled spring water or RO water (though I have never used or bought it) and is a contributory factor - try making beer without it!

I have just used the OTHER option in Inventory to add Bottled Water as one of the options. This gives me a costing added into the recipe but I have to manually adjust the amount used (not a big deal admittedly) but it could be more useful to have the costing changed automatically by using info from the MASH or WATER CHEMISTRY sections.

This may be a lot of work to organise so the above method works quite well as it stands but could I suggest we add WATER to one of the options in the TYPE dropdown list as this would be more useful that using OTHER as a value.

upload_2020-6-30_14-51-47.png

We have a ticket in for this currently, as water (and bottle caps, etc) are part of the total costs.

Ah OK thanks. I didn't know about that - I have a lot to catch up on it seems. HeHe

But while you are there... Has anyone requested that the "Rate of" section in the costs published in the VIEW screen be dispensed with?
Only the actual unit cost needs to be there.

i.e. Instead of
upload_2020-6-30_15-2-26.png

We have
upload_2020-6-30_15-2-59.png

This would also need to be done for the other sections. It would just make the page a bit less cluttered IMHO.

Also the Currency symbol still does not track the Edit or Profile selction - but you may still be working on that one
Alan

I get that a lot of people want to quantify their exact cost, maybe this is more for the pro brewers. I hope we don't get to the point where people are asking for a way to calculate the cost of propane, or electricity:D.

I get that a lot of people want to quantify their exact cost, maybe this is more for the pro brewers. I hope we don't get to the point where people are asking for a way to calculate the cost of propane, or electricity:D.
Shouldn't be anything to worry about, don't fill it in and it'll be blank of zero.

Ah OK thanks. I didn't know about that - I have a lot to catch up on it seems. HeHe

But while you are there... Has anyone requested that the "Rate of" section in the costs published in the VIEW screen be dispensed with?
Only the actual unit cost needs to be there.

i.e. Instead of
View attachment 10631

We have
View attachment 10632

This would also need to be done for the other sections. It would just make the page a bit less cluttered IMHO.

Also the Currency symbol still does not track the Edit or Profile selction - but you may still be working on that one
Alan
Depends on the page, i only care about total cost on my recipe view, but in inventory/shopping I'd like to see the $/lb or $/oz for hops. I'm sure others will have a different preference though

Yes, thanks Priceless, it's all good. I would just like to see the upgrades and improvements be more geared toward making better beer. Sorry, wasn't meaning to start something.
No worries, and I hear you and am on the same page.

I've been given more control over priorities and timelines, so you should see a string of the recent and upcoming updates more related to fixing issues, bugs, then improvements to the things that need them that are core functionality like volumes, equipment, mash guidelines etc.

Once we get closer to the sprint for bug fixes, I'll post in the announcement subforum and beta forum about the proposed updates to the core features to make sure they align with the communities desires.

No worries, and I hear you and am on the same page.

I've been given more control over priorities and timelines, so you should see a string of the recent and upcoming updates more related to fixing issues, bugs, then improvements to the things that need them that are core functionality like volumes, equipment, mash guidelines etc.

Once we get closer to the sprint for bug fixes, I'll post in the announcement subforum and beta forum about the proposed updates to the core features to make sure they align with the communities desires.
Sounds like a solid plan!

Well....I guess I'll just have to withdraw that request then! :p
I actually have a catch-all item in inventory to cover propane and other miscellaneous costs (gypsum, camden tablets, lactic acid, etc.). I estimate the cost to be somewhere between $3 to $4 per brew so I set the cost on that item to be $4 Each.

S'all Goodman, sorry, I didn't mean to diminish your request, cheers sir.

Back