Mash calculations in Brew steps

bishop916

Trial Member
Reaction score
When going thru the brew steps the mash section includes 'mash at 151*', and 'add sparge at 178*' - however it doesn't show the appropriate temp of the strike water.

After some digging around I found that I can go to the mash calculator section and get the information there, - is there any way to have the required strike water temp show in the brew steps?

When going thru the brew steps the mash section includes 'mash at 151*', and 'add sparge at 178*' - however it doesn't show the appropriate temp of the strike water.

After some digging around I found that I can go to the mash calculator section and get the information there, - is there any way to have the required strike water temp show in the brew steps?

Hi Bishop, at this time that information is not in the brew steps. However it is definitely something that should be! We have a project in the works to simplify and unify all of the mash and volume information so you can use whichever resource you want.

Right now I recommend using the brew sessions "mash calculator" tab. Until we get everything updated.

upload_2020-6-27_9-16-21.png

Yeah it's a bit weird to not have it there but the calculator works pretty well.

Back