Merging Snapshots up to Parent Recipe

Warconn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Has there been any consideration given to allowing the ability to merge a snapshot brew session/recipe up to the parent brew recipe?

Specifically, looking at my public profile, there are a lot of duplicate recipes:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/brewer/66366/warconn

As an example, I'd like to merge Fruit Bazooka (All-Grain) (snapshot) which has a brew session associated with it up to the Fruit Bazooka (All-Grain) which does not. The end result would be a single Fruit Bazooka (All-Grain) row with one brew session attached to it.

How do others currently deal with snapshots and duplicate recipes?

-Warconn

I'm not aware of any way to do this at the moment, but I could be wrong. @Yooper?

The versioning in pro when I looked at it just gave you a table showing you what changed between one version and the next of a recipe. Ingredient x increased by y. Ingredient y removed. Ingredient z added, etc.

For managing snapshots I've created a snapshots folder. When I create a new brew session and there's a new copied recipe in the root of the recipes I just move it into the snapshots folder. Out of sight out of mind.

If there's a change in an older snapshot that I want to add back into the master recipe I do that manually.

The versioning in pro when I looked at it just gave you a table showing you what changed between one version and the next of a recipe. Ingredient x increased by y. Ingredient y removed. Ingredient z added, etc.

For managing snapshots I've created a snapshots folder. When I create a new brew session and there's a new copied recipe in the root of the recipes I just move it into the snapshots folder. Out of sight out of mind.

If there's a change in an older snapshot that I want to add back into the master recipe I do that manually.

I have a very similar setup for my folders as well. While that cleans up our view of the recipes and sessions, the Public Profile section is still cluttered up. Maybe it is just my OCD, but it would be nice to be able to organize/cleanup my public profile. Merging of snapshots seems like a potentially solution for this.

Back