Fun with Isolation

There are quite a few people that literally can't go cold turkey either, so closing the stores could literally increase ER visits.

While that is true Bob, one of the risks of closing booze and pot outlets is the potential for a spike in crime.
There is precious little in the way of recreation, please don't deny us our artificial joy...

There is that too.

"Illegal Smile" - John Prine

When I woke up this morning, things were lookin' bad
Seem like total silence was the only friend I had
Bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down... and won
And it was twelve o'clock before I realized
That I was havin'... no fun

[Chorus:]
But fortunately I have the key to escape reality
And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile
It don't cost very much, but it lasts a long while
Won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone
No I'm just tryin' to have me some fun

Last time I checked my bankroll,
It was gettin' thin
Sometimes it seems like the bottom
Is the only place I've been
I Chased a rainbow down a one-way street... dead end
And all my friends turned out to be insurance salesmen

[Chorus]

Well, I sat down in my closet with all my overalls
Tryin' to get away
From all the ears inside my walls
I dreamed the police heard
Everything I thought... what then?
Well I went to court
And the judge's name was Hoffman

Ah but fortunately I have the key to escape reality
And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile
It don't cost very much, but it lasts a long while
Won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone
No I'm just tryin' to have me some fun
Well done, hot dog bun, my sister's a nun

Well, my county has just issued the mandatory stay home order thru April 17th.

The differing levels of restrictions are interesting. We've just had our 'strictest' restrictions yet. They closed down the nail shops (previously it was all hospitality) and asked people to not gather, threatening they may make it illegal. That's all. This government is just as worried about the economic damage as the virus damage. Great if they get it right.

I think they're also worried about how long people can maintain a serious lock down as we're heading into winter and it's looking like 3 months or so of this getting worse slowly.

Wasn't it just a little over a week ago the Donald said, "its just a flu, it'll be fine" (paraphrasing there of course)? Mark my words in 2-3 days the US will be the epicenter. The numbers are scary, NY City is a debacle. It is going to get a WHOLE LOT WORSE before it gets better:(

Wasn't it just a little over a week ago the Donald said, "its just a flu, it'll be fine" (paraphrasing there of course)? Mark my words in 2-3 days the US will be the epicenter. The numbers are scary, NY City is a debacle. It is going to get a WHOLE LOT WORSE before it gets better:(
Fake news!... It’s gonna be okay.

Amazing how many people believe everything they hear on the news programs.

In Trump's dreams.
And how many trillion is that bail out package? I herd radio announcer say twice Aus Yearly GDP WOW.

Another phrase I hear today "our grandkids will be paying off this debt". Wowsers penny:rolleyes:

And how many trillion is that bail out package? I herd radio announcer say twice Aus Yearly GDP WOW.

Another phrase I hear today "our grandkids will be paying off this debt". Wowsers penny:rolleyes:
Two trillion. And we still don't get paid sick leave or extended unemployment benefits. Flip side, we get checks. $1,200 per person. I'd rather have had the former: Our checks get invested while the other benefits would only have gone to those that need them. Lots outside of the US take those for granted and look at us and say wow, the Government is sending them money. We don't have those benefits.

On a more positive note...We're collecting enough eggs from our chickens to help keep us in supply. We've been somewhat neglectful collecting them the way we should be so this helps get us back on track. I'm going to tear down an old coop later today to help pass some time and get some other predator proofing down on another coop.

Amazing how many people believe everything they hear on the fox "news" programs.

Or any other source. The older and wiser among us have learned to use several sources and then use common sense to separate the fly $hit from the pepper in the salt.

Back