What are you listening to now

Wanted crazy tonight, so put on the title track from A Saucer Full of Secrets. I still remember how that used to trip me out coming home in the wee hours of the morning after drinking when I was a whole lot younger. Also finding myself in the mood for some Tangerine Dream.

Wanted crazy tonight, so put on the title track from A Saucer Full of Secrets. I still remember how that used to trip me out coming home in the wee hours of the morning after drinking when I was a whole lot younger. Also finding myself in the mood for some Tangerine Dream.
Ah yes...Space Music....a late night programming must for any decent college radio station

Ah yes...Space Music....a late night programming must for any decent college radio station
Who can ever forget the Dr. Demento Show? I miss the days of AOR radio when they'd play entire albums uninterrupted. Now they can barely get through a song without 8 sponsor spots. Quite annoying.

Who can ever forget the Dr. Demento Show? I miss the days of AOR radio when they'd play entire albums uninterrupted. Now they can barely get through a song without 8 sponsor spots. Quite annoying.
Dr. Demento was great! Artists like Weird Al Yankovic, Spike Jones, Tom Lehrer, etc. and songs like Shaving Cream, Fish Heads, and my favorite Star Drek. Thanks for that memory @RoadRoach!

When I lived outside of Philly in the 70s, WIOQ would do Progressive Rock Weekends from Friday night to Sunday. They would play at least a 1/2 hour to 2 hours of some band's music without commercials. It was great!
I have a really fond memory of one winter when my Grandfolks were up visiting and I didn't was to make too much noise so I took the hifi speakers off of the top of the bookshelves and stretched out on the floor between them to listen to the Genesis block. I fell asleep in the stereophonic splendor of Lamb Lies Down on Broadway but was woke up by my Grandfather poking me with his cane to make sure I was alive....ahh..good times...good times

When I lived outside of Philly in the 70s, WIOQ would do Progressive Rock Weekends from Friday night to Sunday. They would play at least a 1/2 hour to 2 hours of some band's music without commercials. It was great!
I have a really fond memory of one winter when my Grandfolks were up visiting and I didn't was to make too much noise so I took the hifi speakers off of the top of the bookshelves and stretched out on the floor between them to listen to the Genesis block. I fell asleep in the stereophonic splendor of Lamb Lies Down on Broadway but was woke up by my Grandfather poking me with his cane to make sure I was alive....ahh..good times...good times
Ha! I remember IOQ. And WMMR of course. But up in NJ I had WNEW.

You must have been up North! A bunch of the DJs from MMR and IOQ are now on WXPN the University of Pennsylvania station.. Jerry Blavitt, The Geeter with the Heater from WFIL was doing an oldies show on it but that was a few years ago ...RIP...to The Boss with the Sauce!

While throwing out the greats of the 70's lets not forget Seymour of Fright Night tv

Guess I love my Floyd, Rush, Cassic Rock, Prog Rock, and 80s. Had the sudden urge again for Side 2 of A Momentary Lapse of Reason. I always thought they made Side 1 for the radio and Side 2 for me.
The same with Rush Moving Pictures.
It was always funny the cool shit they snuck in on some of those old albums. Styx Castle Walls, Supertramp Don't Leave Me Now, Foreigner Girl On the Moon..

Last edited:
Also found the 1970 Genesis Trespass album on Spotify tonight. Pretty damn cool if you like the genre.

While brewing todayI listened to Motley Crue’s Dr. feel good album and then a shuffle of the Van Halen 6 pack

Got to see Frampton in concert when I was in high school. Yeah i was that kid.

Favorite Genesis album = Selling England y the Pound

Back