What are you drinking right now?

image.jpg
Today my wife’s order of Ribena Blackcurrant arrived, and here it is in my Wheat Ale with just a wee pinch of salt. I am liking this beer more, and will brew it again, though next time with the intended dry hops addition.

View attachment 27255Today my wife’s order of Ribena Blackcurrant arrived, and here it is in my Wheat Ale with just a wee pinch of salt. I am liking this beer more, and will brew it again, though next time with the intended dry hops addition.
Glad things have calmed down a little for you. Next time I brew a West Coast Wheat I shall dry hop before considering blackcurrant. Only American hops currently available to me are Cascade, Amarillo and Citra, the latter I am informed more appropriate to IPAs but am assuming would also be more compatible with a WCW?

View attachment 27265
My 'Old Suffolk', Dark Strong Ale; ABV: 7% at 8 months (bottle). Settled down wonderfully with now nice blend of bitter and sweet notes which were previously competing with each other a bit too much.
Look at that beer beautiful man!

Glad things have calmed down a little for you. Next time I brew a West Coast Wheat I shall dry hop before considering blackcurrant. Only American hops currently available to me are Cascade, Amarillo and Citra, the latter I am informed more appropriate to IPAs but am assuming would also be more compatible with a WCW?
I think any of those hops would work in a West Coast Wheat. From all that I have read, Amarillo would be the most likely choice. Dry hopping might not be necessary, as long as a good bit of the hops were used late in the boil, or at knockout. But by all means, dry hop if you want to.
I think when I brewed my Wheat Ale, according to my notes I made changes on the fly. The original instructions called for 5 grams of Magnum at 60 minutes, then 14 grams of Mandarina Bavaria at 5 minutes and again at knockout, with a 15 minute hop stand before removing the hops bag. Instead, I added 7 of Magnum, and 7 of Mandarina Bavaria at the appointed times. I thought I was going to dry hop with 14 grams of Mandarina Bavaria a few days before bottling, but never carried through. That probably explains the “missing” flavor. It also explains why I have 2 unopened packs of Mandarina Bavaria in the freezer.

I'm having a mosi and I may just have a ginger thingy thereafter.
It's getting tastier, but missing something. Sort of a similar problem like @Herm brews
Maybe I'll try some cordial as well
And Herm: I was thinking beer shandy maybe?
I could try a squeeze of lemon or lime, or maybe some orange zest. Maybe later today.

Home brew of a different kind :)
View attachment 27277
I miss coffee, which I have not indulged in since Summer 2018 due to a medical condition. My wife still enjoys her morning cup, which I sometimes brew for her. I like the process of grinding the beans and operating her little Bialetti device. Once in a great while, I even take a tiny sip to remember the good old days when I would drink a whole pot by myself. Now my morning drink is brewed loose leaf tea, which this morning is Earl Grey.

I drink both.
Coffee and tea.
I use an aeropress gor my coffee, or a plunger if there are more coffee drinkers.
And loose tea. I like earl grey

I miss coffee, which I have not indulged in since Summer 2018 due to a medical condition. My wife still enjoys her morning cup, which I sometimes brew for her. I like the process of grinding the beans and operating her little Bialetti device. Once in a great while, I even take a tiny sip to remember the good old days when I would drink a whole pot by myself. Now my morning drink is brewed loose leaf tea, which this morning is Earl Grey.
Same here. I love coffee too but have to limit myself to a 1/2 cup a couple times a week. So, I also have "Earl Grey...hot", most days.

Back