What are you drinking right now?

IPA. About to kick
IMG_1123.jpeg

Here's my latest ginger beer
20231026_163606.jpg

It's not sure what it wants to be it's got a Christmas cake vibe going on for me ATM nice and spicey I'm thinking I'm smelling clove but maybe that's the ginger and that home made dark candy syrup tricking me into thinking it's a Belgian or something lol.

Used dried ginger in this I'm liking the ginger bite and warming on the throat I'm gunna do some dry and fresh ginger next crack.

Lastly I love me some head bit of buckwheat baby and she's frothing.

MyDSC21-117.jpg

My second attempt at Woodforde's 'Bure Gold' British Golden Ale extract kit. Dry hopped with Cascade (Day 4); Amarillo (Day 6).

Four months in plastic keg at room temperature (9-10C here ATM) - consistent natural carbonation and head so far in first couple of days. ABV: 5.5%. Dry on the mouth. Complex taste - distinctly floral; moderately tangy almost sour; very light bitter hoppiness.

I am not sure which version I prefer although happy with both which is a nice bonus. Not quite as bright and refreshing as first effort although that was chilled in an aluminium mini-keg but the modifications give this brew more character which my gut says wouldn't be as apparent if significantly cooler. I added a teaspoon of Tom Caxton's Hop Enhancement powder in the boil. It is for their extract kits but seems to work fine with others too. No idea which hop or combination it is from but this is definately responsibile for the tangy element that reminds me of 'Black Sheep'. Oddly enough I don't actually like that ale very much. Anyway Bure Gold is definately going to be a regular in my brewing calendar. Maybe 1) for Summer 2) for Autumn.

Back