What are you doing with homebrew today?

Hello again.
This is my homemade temperature control system for fermentation bucket which is not fit in the fridge.
Pump is connected to the thermostat set start on 22 Celsius stop at 20.
Fermenting an ale with us-5, working great until now
Next destination fermenting a pilsner at 11 Celsius,
I use just water for cooling liquid with a lot of salt in it to not let it freeze.
IMG_20240404_140615.jpg
IMG_20240404_140847.jpg
IMG_20240404_143207.jpg
IMG_20240405_094941.jpg
IMG_20240405_095003.jpg

Hello again.
This is my homemade temperature control system for fermentation bucket which is not fit in the fridge.
I use just water for cooling liquid with a lot of salt in it to not let it freeze.
View attachment 28984View attachment 28985View attachment 28986View attachment 28987View attachment 28988
interesting!
glycol may be a good cooling liquid to consider as well

image.jpg
I am drinking this craft beer (Line Dry Rye by Oakshire, A local pale ale made with rye) at The Bier Stein. This is a stop on my way home after getting grains and yeast from lhbs. It has been a minute since my last brew. I am looking at Monday as a good day to brew another batch of wheat ale.

Hope it's gone in July. Do I spy a plumeria bush on the right of the picture? Ours still hasn't put on any leaves yet.
Not sure man.

It'll be gone by July that's middle of winter here the rain were getting is Monsoonal troughs sweeping across.

Hello again.
View attachment 28984View attachment 28985View attachment 28986View attachment 28987View attachment 28988
Nice work man.
What temperature you got the fridge set at?

I'm guessing you'll struggle to keep a pilsner at 11c with that tiny volume of cold water but I hope I'm wrong!

For reference I can get to 9c using my glycol tank here about 20Lt Glycol.
20240407_075508.jpg

I've got this keg sitting in a freezer it's set to -12c it runs through a coil on the inside of the fermenter (more efficient).
20240407_075520.jpg

I did this for same reason as you it didn't fit in the freezer :oops: .

Let me know how you get on.

Hey you could make a coil to fit in that plastic bucket lid no?
This way the cooling liquid is running directly inside the beer.
More of a potential infection risk but way more efficient and possibly you may be able to reach them pilsner temps...

View attachment 29006I am drinking this craft beer (Line Dry Rye by Oakshire, A local pale ale made with rye) at The Bier Stein. This is a stop on my way home after getting grains and yeast from lhbs. It has been a minute since my last brew. I am looking at Monday as a good day to brew another batch of wheat ale.
Good to hear from you Herm, haven't seen you on for a little bit.

Good to hear from you Herm, haven't seen you on for a little bit.
Thanks Craig. For the past few months I have been dealing with the demise of my father. There is still plenty of work to do, but I am home for a brief respite from the madness.

Thanks Craig. For the past few months I have been dealing with the demise of my father. There is still plenty of work to do, but I am home for a brief respite from the madness.
Sorry for your loss, Herm.

Just at the beginning here Herm it SUX Dogballs man!

My Dad has recently been diagnosed with Dementia (we've known for awhile).

He's in hospital waiting for a spot in Nusing Home best thing that could of happened for my Mum.

She has been caring for him and at her age man a hard cross to bear.

Anyhow your not alone is all I'm saying part of life huh? :confused:

Just at the beginning here Herm it SUX Dogballs man!

My Dad has recently been diagnosed with Dementia (we've known for awhile).

He's in hospital waiting for a spot in Nusing Home best thing that could of happened for my Mum.

She has been caring for him and at her age man a hard cross to bear.

Anyhow your not alone is all I'm saying part of life huh? :confused:
I went through that, I don't wish it on anyone, I took care of my parents for 5 years, my mom had dementia and thought she was 10, 4 hours of sleep a day and a nap for me didn't help me at all

Nice work man.
What temperature you got the fridge set at?

I'm guessing you'll struggle to keep a pilsner at 11c with that tiny volume of cold water but I hope I'm wrong!

For reference I can get to 9c using my glycol tank here about 20Lt Glycol. View attachment 29007
I've got this keg sitting in a freezer it's set to -12c it runs through a coil on the inside of the fermenter (more efficient).View attachment 29008
I did this for same reason as you it didn't fit in the freezer :oops: .

Let me know how you get on.

Hey you could make a coil to fit in that plastic bucket lid no?
This way the cooling liquid is running directly inside the beer.
More of a potential infection risk but way more efficient and possibly you may be able to reach them pilsner temps...
For now is still no so hot weathear here 25 day 6-7 Celsius at night so there is no some special need to cold it yet.
But Wen I will need to set it to 11 i will use sure a bigger bottle of cold liquid.
Also I will put it in the refrigerator (the top door) wich can reach -8 to -10.
If I don't see any progress i will use coil.
(It's ok if i use copper?)

Back