What are you doing with homebrew today?

View attachment 29256Just bottled my Partial Eclipse Wheat, dry hopped with a half ounce of Mandarina Bavaria. This
batch started at 1.050 and finished at 1.007, using Cellar Science Cali dry yeast. For priming, I used a solution of local honey. This should be a good Spring sipper.
I use that CALI a lot. It is a reliable yeast.

Ive got a dead fermentation from the Wacky Wheat I brewed last weekend. I'm going to dose it with wine yeast to see if that gets anything going.

Ive got a dead fermentation from the Wacky Wheat I brewed last weekend. I'm going to dose it with wine yeast to see if that gets anything going.
Wine yeast will ferment just about every sugar. Not a problem if you like very dry beer. Maybe another yeast or something like CBC-1 would be better? What gravity are you sitting at?

In the middle of a winemaking interlude I pretty much only need to do every couple of years. Also re-organised the space I devote to it in prep for renovations next year. Now have a spare wine rack to give away that I put together during my early days.

The Chianti has turned out great already. Just bottled the Piesporter about a week ago but went well if a little slow due to this prolonged cold snap we are having in ole blighty. ABV: 14% was a bit of a surprise. The airlock on the Peach which is going to be a dessert wine was going within an hour of mixing up on Friday, now rattling away at 1 second intervals :) Main event the Pinot Grigio made up same day took a few days to get going but is at about 3 seconds now. Should be racking in around a fortnight.

After that I will be starting this year's Cider.

Wine yeast will ferment just about every sugar. Not a problem if you like very dry beer. Maybe another yeast or something like CBC-1 would be better? What gravity are you sitting at?
I changed directions and threw some espe kviek slurry in and pumped up the temp.

I changed directions and threw some espe kviek slurry in and pumped up the temp.
Yeah...that was my hail Mary save move on my last batch of cream ale that didn't start. 36 hours post pitch and a I figured the Wyeast 1080 was a dud so into my yeast bank I went...the "deposit" was not yet 2 months old so I scooped a couple of spoonfuls of slurry into the carboy and we were off to the races 8 hours later! Genny Cream became Jenni Kveik!

Yeah...that was my hail Mary save move on my last batch of cream ale that didn't start. 36 hours post pitch and a I figured the Wyeast 1080 was a dud so into my yeast bank I went...the "deposit" was not yet 2 months old so I scooped a couple of spoonfuls of slurry into the carboy and we were off to the races 8 hours later! Genny Cream became Jenni Kveik!
It's working!

Had a backlog of beers in the pipeline, but finally kicked the earl grey porter last night. I put the northern brewer/cashmere pale in the fridge to cold crash last night. It was brewed over 2 weeks ago, which is normal for some but that's a long time for me these days!

Looks like I'll have time/space to brew this weekend too! :)

Going to brew the Brown Ale today, while the tree guys trim up the yard. I figure if I have to be home anyway,might as well be productive.
Also the IPA keg is about to kick, and the Oktoberfest won't be ready for a long while.

Intrigued…..
image.jpg
Wound up not getting those days off…going to try to get a set up by the end of the weekend…finished the cleaning of the basement today after work

Working on the glycol system and installing some shelves by the sink, about a six pack of “tavern ale” in, working on it late and by God feeling fancy like…

Attachments

• IMG_1141.jpeg
    IMG_1141.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1142.jpeg
    IMG_1142.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1143.jpeg
    IMG_1143.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1145.jpeg
    IMG_1145.jpeg