Top 5 things you've done to improve your homebrew experience

1. First thing was Kegging. See everyone above. lol
2. Brewing software. Big upgrade for making and managing recipes, adjusting water, and interacting on the forum.
3. Going inside Electric was the biggest change for me. Its HAH outside. 240v is Fast and E is precise with a BrewCommander.
4. Glycol controlled fermentation temperature was huge for precise control. Slightly more hassle but no need for an extra fridge.
5. Making it easier on me: I got tired of the 5.5-6hr brew days with the 3V Herms system. Splitting my brew day by doing the mash at night and boil the next morning was big. Now i'm working on downsizing to a 2V with heated mash tun and shaving more time. maybe even go back to BIAB.

*Not a huge change in brewing but the TILT is super fun and handy. Now if BF would not log me out on my old iphone it'd be great.
1. Hell, yes, kegging is easier.
2. Blichmann Burner
3. Learned about lagers
4. A pulley for the bag.
5. Learned how to relax and have a homebrew after the planning stage is done.

Wes, I can usually start strike water just before 8 and be done by noon to take the wife out for someone else's beer. The bag doesn't take much longer than extract brewing. The only time difference is getting full volume to temperature. That is where the Blichmann comes in:) The option to use 110,000 BTUs sucks down some propane but works wonderfully.

A recent addition for me is brewing outside with propane. My wife is happier and it is easier for me than my stove as I stopped doing <2 gallon batches.
It is probably nice for y'all to brew outside now. I'm planning on it a week from tomorrow, but I am going to try to start as close to sunrise as possible because it has been hot. If it isn't too much above 90 when I get done around noon with as humid as it gets, I will be happy.

It is probably nice for y'all to brew outside now. I'm planning on it a week from tomorrow, but I am going to try to start as close to sunrise as possible because it has been hot. If it isn't too much above 90 when I get done around noon with as humid as it gets, I will be happy.
Heat index is over 100 here. Usually miserable humidity all summer. I find some shade or run in and out.

Kegging was a big gamechanger, so easy.
Closed transfer
3-roller mill
Temp control
But mostly this site, 6 years ago I learned to brew from a bunch of you people....thank you
And then came Mangoes!
;)

I remember your Mango Milkshake IPA. Right name?

I was tinkering with my Mango Lasi Saison mmmm man I've not brewed that in a looong time!

Actually listening to Brulosophy Average brew reviews on Saison and after @Megary Lemon Farmhouse Saison man I need to brew some GF Saison this Summer!

And then came Mangoes!
;)

I was tinkering with my Mango Lasi Saison mmmm man I've not brewed that in a looong time!

Actually listening to Brulosophy Average brew reviews on Saison and after @Megary Lemon Farmhouse Saison man I need to brew some GF Saison this Summer!
Mine wasn't so cheap with the blueberries, but those can be affordable beers to brew in the summer as it doesn't take as much grain. I'm in love with them, and if the local brewers have some moderate alcohol Saisons, I will drink them when we go out.
I have my next couple of brews planned, but I am also intrigued with the idea of a Dubbel and trying to lower the alcohol somewhere into the 6s. I have never attempted one of those.

And then came Mangoes!
;)

Yep! Mango Milkshake NEIPA, just brewed some last week.Just finishing up a English Bitter and an Oatmeal Stout right now.Mango Saison sounds really good!

Nice, I just added this to the list, it's up in a couple weeks! Just have to deside on a yeast.
I even think your London 3 would go OK if you wanna keep it clean or if you don't like phenols in your beer:) like spicey ect.

I love a good dry finish though so a good attenuator yeast is important. ;)

Nice, I just added this to the list, it's up in a couple weeks! Just have to deside on a yeast.
I had to go with Choice#3. I couldn't get the first two yeasts that I wanted. I used the White Labs Belgian on the last one. You will see stuff online about that yeast stalling. If it isn"t too high in alcohol and you have a healthy pitch, it won't stall. Start in the low 70s and let it freerise into the 80s after Krausen falls. That one was easy to get here.

In order of chronology

1) Brewing with other people (getting introduced to different techniques and learning from other people's failures/triumphs)
2) Going All-Grain early in my brewing journey (learned BIAB on my 3rd brew when brewing with a friend)
3) Reading "How to Brew" and "Designing Great Beers" (John and Ray both cut through the hype and myths. John's DIY attitude in particular put my gear acquisition syndrome at ease)
4) Buying ingredients in bulk and brewing when inspiration strikes (It's cheaper, forces you to a subset of ingredients and actually learn how they work)
5) Fermenting in kegs under pressure (I kicked two kegs a couple of days ago so brewed the same day, and with a bit of luck I'll have a Bitter ready Sunday and a Pils early next week)

Back