Kegs are calling me

Only thing I push with co2 is beer.
Cleaning is all done with pumps

Sometimes I push sanitizer with air.

Good to know about the co2 reactions with caustic not that I'd ever use that in my little homebrewery I'd be likely to end up blind using that stuff knowing me :rolleyes:

And now I need to figure out what oxyclean is lol.

I am not sure what cleaners are common within home brewing beyond pbw but it is always a good idea to treat co2 as a chemical. It can react with things and also can be dangerous.
Oxyclean is a peroxide. Base, not acid. pH is around 11.

Only thing I push with co2 is beer.
Cleaning is all done with pumps

Sometimes I push sanitizer with air.

Good to know about the co2 reactions with caustic not that I'd ever use that in my little homebrewery I'd be likely to end up blind using that stuff knowing me :rolleyes:
Air, as in compressed Air?

Na Aquarium Air Pump via hepa filter I bought it years ago to push air Into wort via a air stone and found another use for it.

I use it mostly on fermenter to push a sanitizer addition out prior to racking wort in.
Aquarium pump, good idea! I have been using co2 to push StarSan into my kegs.

Aquarium pump, good idea! I have been using co2 to push StarSan into my kegs.
I use a pump like this. Also used for pumping beer line cleaner on the kegerator

One I use has a 60psi cutoff

IEIK 12 Volt Diaphragm Pump 5LPM 1.35 GPM 116PSI Self Priming Sprayer Pump 12V DC Fresh Water Pump Diaphragm Pressure Pump for RV Camper Marine Boat Lawn (60W) https://a.co/d/4yKb5bD

Aquarium pump sounds useful for pushing liquid. I keep starsan in a spare keg, so not sure how that would work. I push starsan out of a cleaned keg to leave it purged and ready for beer. Not sure how an Aquarium pump could work in that scenario.

Aquarium pump sounds useful for pushing liquid. I keep starsan in a spare keg, so not sure how that would work. I push starsan out of a cleaned keg to leave it purged and ready for beer. Not sure how an Aquarium pump could work in that scenario.
Iv used little cheapy March pumps with ss heads that were really good. Very affordable.

Home level can/bottle filling automation...

Not as pricey as I was fearing, but still not sure it's worth it. With my smaller batches I don't have that much angst with bottling.
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/cannular-can-and-bottle-filler-rapt
This is interesting. It reminds of a beer gun with a raspberry pie and buttons.

This is what I want!

https://americancanning.com/products/1-head-filler-seamer

Got a quote from them for a similar one. It was only 25 with the shipping!

Home level can/bottle filling automation...

Not as pricey as I was fearing, but still not sure it's worth it. With my smaller batches I don't have that much angst with bottling.
https://www.kegland.com.au/products/cannular-can-and-bottle-filler-rapt
I'm not really seeing a big advantage over a blichmann beer gun? Also I have no idea what a beer gun costs...looked it up. It's $120 so close to the same price... also the newer beer guns have actual handles!

I'm not really seeing a big advantage over a blichmann beer gun? Also I have no idea what a beer gun costs...looked it up. It's $120 so close to the same price... also the newer beer guns have actual handles!
4 Priests Brewer uses the Cannular for packaging his cans for sale they are well made here he is taking a look under the bonnet so to speak.

My old boss and I built a 6 head counter pressure bomber filler that was all compressed air and ball valves. We even built in up and down buttons to control the cylinders! This was back in 2013-2015.

We used it to fill thousands of bombers. It was finicky as fuck but very functional. Paid for itself 10x over.

They still have it up on top of the cooler, when I make it over there I'll take some pics.

I use an "itap" for filling bottles off the keg. I absolutely love it! I mounted it right to the keezer as my center tap. Zero complaints.

1706260343622.png

Back