I brewed today!

Fermentation is moving normally and smells normal. Way to early to get excited or more depressed. Kim said if it’s ruined we’ll go to stores and find me some of the German stuff. I may fake that this one is ruined :)
Oh what a Woman!

Love 34/70 but never had it finish above 1.008 or 9. Super forgiving yeast. I use it traditionally in the winter and under pressure in the summer.

I love the brulosophy stuff but if they had brewers do the taste tests. Bet the “telling the difference” will be different.

You were right, finished at 1.009.

It turned out well, only things I'd change is up the bitterness a touch and reduce/harden the mouthfeel a touch. I think 10% Gladiator/Dextrine was a bit too much (5% would have been a bit better).

The flavour was close enough for me though!

If my vote counts, let ‘er rip. Worst case you have to pour it out later. Won’t be a bit more work to wait and see. Pull a sample in a couple days and if it doesn’t smell like a buffalo fart, or taste like aardvark piss, Bob’s yer uncle, and let it finish. Have a second batch ready and put it on after this one, obviously after a good fermenter scrubbing. Then you’ll have your backup and maybe this one too.

When you say ’prechiller’ is that as in plate chiller? I’m a little confused about how boiling temperatures never get to it. Recirc some boiling water through it followed by some StarSan. Dunk the whole thing if possible and kill everything that even thought about setting up residence in it.
I use an immersion chiller (homemade with 50’ of 5/16” copper tube). Pretty much indestructible and easily sterilized. I use compressed air to blow it out after each use.

Yeah, you might get lucky. Worth the shot though I reckon. It's a disappointing feeling though

Yeast pitched. Now I clean :eek:
I'm the opposite. Done cleaning, but had to let the wort cool down in the basement. Way too hot outside for just the chiller to do it. Oxygenating and listening to some tunes, waiting to pitch
1690148221822140167918504478789.jpg

I'm the opposite. Done cleaning, but had to let the wort cool down in the basement. Way too hot outside for just the chiller to do it. Oxygenating and listening to some tunes, waiting to pitch
View attachment 26104
Took me a bit t get it down. I have a vent in the laundry room I sat it on to finish up. I also added 1.5 gallons of cold water from the refrigerator. I cheated.

Took me a bit t get it down. I have a vent in the laundry room I sat it on to finish up. I also added 1.5 gallons of cold water from the refrigerator. I cheated.
I’m assuming you used bottled water, or some you sterilized? Bottled water typically is loaded with iodine and calcium chloride for flavor and hardness. More than typical city water that is. I tend to use bagged ice when our tap water is too hot. I do what the chiller will, and use bagged ice for volume makeup. Haven’t killed a batch yet.

I’m assuming you used bottled water, or some you sterilized? Bottled water typically is loaded with iodine and calcium chloride for flavor and hardness. More than typical city water that is. I tend to use bagged ice when our tap water is too hot. I do what the chiller will, and use bagged ice for volume makeup. Haven’t killed a batch yet.
Do the same thing Ive done since i started brewing. Bottled

And you guys dis No Chill :eek:

Back