I brewed today!

Rye IPA brewed today. It’s going to be good !

Attachments

• IMG_2081.jpeg
    IMG_2081.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2084.jpeg
    IMG_2084.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 27
This is your yearly brew right @Megary ?

Would love to see ya on the Zoom some time man you know chew the fat on what you do brewing and all:)
Yes, once a year, every Summer. It’s a fun beer to brew and to drink! So far I’m enjoying Farmhouse better than Belle and 3711. Only about a million more Saison yeasts to try. :p

I absolutely need to find a way to join the monthly Zoom. Saturdays are very difficult for me but it’s not like this meeting sneaks up on me. I’ll make it someday because I’ll never see Aussie otherwise!

Yes, once a year, every Summer. It’s a fun beer to brew and to drink! So far I’m enjoying Farmhouse better than Belle and 3711. Only about a million more Saison yeasts to try. :p

I absolutely need to find a way to join the monthly Zoom. Saturdays are very difficult for me but it’s not like this meeting sneaks up on me. I’ll make it someday because I’ll never see Aussie otherwise!
Likewise
Meaning I need to get some saison going again here in my brewery maybe a diastaticus strain any suggestions? Preferably dry yeast..?

And yup if the Zoom was Saturday arvo here I can imagine yes would be tricky lucky for me it's Sunday Morning so chilling at home usually :).

Last edited:
You do. It’s tasty
Should get my FF7.9 back on Tuesday after I bottle the Brown that’s crashing at 6C. Should be very clean with Notty yeast. I’ll have plenty in the pipeline then, and can try some new stuff. I did a Big Wave knockoff that uses Citra and Galaxy or Mosaic. That’s yummy stuff.

Doh! Missed it again! The Missus was over at her daughter’s house and I was left all alone, well, not counting my 15 year old granddaughter. I took a nap, and didn’t feel rested, so took another nap, which made me so tired I had to take another nap. I gotta put a reminder in my phone. I’m officially old now complete with Medicare card to prove it, so I’m allowed to forget things.

I brewed Barbarian Bitter (ESB) yesterday. I switched up the order because I had a packet of Imperial Pub (A09) that was nearing its expiration date. This was the first time using the Monster Mill MM3 grain mill that I purchased as soon as I heard my LHBS was closing. I set the gap for 0.040" and crush was very similar to the Blichman mill at my LHBS. My efficiency was 74% which is in my expected range and lautering was a little bit better than average. That may have been because I could control the speed with my cordless drill and go relatively slowly, which allowed more grain husks to remain intact. Just guessing on that.

Monster MM3 Mill.jpg

Chilling now. This will be the brownest/lightest dunkel I’ve made. After drinking some Hofbrau dunkel recently (it is my favorite) I went for more the color of it. Their German website has the OG, Ibu, type of mash, and list ingredients, although not specific enough to clone without knowing stuff. So I used only a touch of carafa since they didn’t list it, and some caramunich since they did. Melanoidan since i didn’t decoct. Didn’t do the exact hops since I had tettnang and I didn’t want to buy more :)

Back