Homebrew competitors

Just packed up an IPA and a Stout and sent to Tennessee. I liked this one because it only required two bottles of each. easier to ship and bottles seem to be hard to come by.

I'm an extremely easy going brewing, and even when I'm brewing commercially I'm chill af. I'm not the take notes constantly kind of guy, fix problems as you go. However, I do enjoy how exciting homebrew comps are because I spend so much time developing a recipe and then making sure my processes are 100%. The last competition I had some issues, and it showed, but it also made it so now I'll never forget those fixes!

BCJP can also be a bit of a farce, when in doubt, enter it as a specialty!

Congrats dude! I got disillusioned with competition personally but if you're enjoying it then go hard my friend.

I wouldn't take it too seriously. The BJCP judges really compare your beer to style and try to pick up on the nuances, good or bad. Some get down on the judges, but who knows what might happen to a beer before they taste it.
On my beer that didn't place, I knew it wasn't quite to style before i sent it. i just wanted to see what a beer judge thought of it. i got some good insight as to how to improve it for the style

Here are my three entries packaged lable and ready to go!
20210816_152939.jpg

Fingers crossed covid don't f this up.

Two of them are BFC beers so will be interesting comp isn't until September 11ish.

Im not sure what BFC beer is but good luck with them! Its exciting but the wait is awful.
-I just got notice my entries were received in Memphis, TN.

Woohoo Shady Bohemian snags another prize what did you Score Bulin?
Don't know yet, won't get the scores for a couple weeks. Just looked up the results on the web. This is the first time I've won a medal, both these beers have done well before, but not quite there until this time.

I'll find out Wednesday how "Thirsty Hound" did at the Manitowoc County Fair...I'm guessing that Cream Ale will be a tougher spot in a tougher comp(and it's going to lose points on clarity)...

Just looking over the results from the Manitowoc County Fair. Now maybe it’s just me(have the same issue with the Wisconsin State Fair), but if you are going to limit it to 100 entrees, maybe you should limit entries per person. If one guy medals with 11 different beers out of 100 entries allowed…isn’t that excessive?

I agree. the last one i entered only limits one per category. I think you should be capped at 3 or 4 total.

Back