Home made pizza

Doing a little research and I'll be starting with an 80% hydration dough with a 24 hour cold ferment.
It will almost pour into an oiled, rectangular, deep sided baking dish.
From what I'm reading it'll be like a wet focaccia dough.
The cheese will be Wisconsin brick cheese.
The sauce will have some sugar added to be on the sweet side.
I'm thinking that the bake will be at least 30 minutes at 350° .
Not sure what day this week yet, but I'll get some pictures as I'm doing it.
Cheers
Brian

Yeah, agreed
Sounds a bit like a focaccia:cool:

I started a 73% hydration, 00 dough last night and the plan is for Pizza tomorrow night.
My daughter got me some proofing containers for Christmas and they are currently filled with the dough.
I looked them up and they were $60 for the set of 6! She knows me too well and that I'd never spend that much on myself.
I guess she really likes my Pizza!
I'll get some pictures up, but now the only pics I can get to load are a screenshot of the picture. not sure why, but what a pain in the ass.
Cheers,
Brian

Here's the new containers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231227-121203.png
    Screenshot_20231227-121203.png
    494.3 KB · Views: 28
Well, I made 9 Pizza's last night and didn't take a picture of anything. We ended up with a house full and it was chaotic.
The pies came out great and they all got smashed!
The last one I did was for my granddaughter. I cut the shell out in the shape of a princess crown! She loved it.

Doing a little research and I'll be starting with an 80% hydration dough with a 24 hour cold ferment.
It will almost pour into an oiled, rectangular, deep sided baking dish.
From what I'm reading it'll be like a wet focaccia dough.
The cheese will be Wisconsin brick cheese.
The sauce will have some sugar added to be on the sweet side.
I'm thinking that the bake will be at least 30 minutes at 350° .
Not sure what day this week yet, but I'll get some pictures as I'm doing it.
Cheers
Brian
When covid first came along my lady friend and I who are both retired went into isolation until vaccines were developed and we could get them. We bought a kitchen aid stand mixer and started making pizza dough and lots of delicious baked goods.

The great thing about crafting your own pizza, of course, is that you don't have to compromise on the ingredients. The standard recipe makes enough dough that we can produce His and Her Versions.

Without boring everyone with all the details, we have quite different ideas on what we want even down to how crispy the crust should be.

Can anyone think of what goes better with a well-crafted beer than of course a well-crafted pizza?

When covid first came along my lady friend and I who are both retired went into isolation until vaccines were developed and we could get them. We bought a kitchen aid stand mixer and started making pizza dough and lots of delicious baked goods.

The great thing about crafting your own pizza, of course, is that you don't have to compromise on the ingredients. The standard recipe makes enough dough that we can produce His and Her Versions.

Without boring everyone with all the details, we have quite different ideas on what we want even down to how crispy the crust should be.

Can anyone think of what goes better with a well-crafted beer than of course a well-crafted pizza?
Pizza , Bread, Pretzels, Smoked Meats, BBQ and pretty much anything we make and have passion about!
Cheers!
Brian

Hell, yes. I like big mater chunks. When my wife was in better shape, she did that instead of the sauce.

I did HMP in an iron pan on the stovetop last weekend. Sister said it worked but I didn't believe her. Surprised that it turned out really well.

HMP?
Happy Medium Pizza ?

Heavenly Meat Pizza?

Back