Home made pizza

Just been balling some sourdough.
Gonna be a bit of a mission to get good dough going with daytime max of 42 oC (107 F)!
Fridge & fantasy to the rescue ;)
Good luck bit tricky pity you couldn't set your fermentation fridge to a good proofing temperature...

Good luck bit tricky pity you couldn't set your fermentation fridge to a good proofing temperature...
I could....
But I managed to find a way that works (loosely based on Ken Forkish hot weather sourdough)

Just been balling some sourdough.
Gonna be a bit of a mission to get good dough going with daytime max of 42 oC (107 F)!
Fridge & fantasy to the rescue ;)
Going to have to use the Kevic <sp> yeast

Yeast is tougher than you think :)
IMG_20231008_174307661.jpg

Saw this on FB!
This guy looks familiar, anyone recognize him?
Hoping to stop in and visit you next fall on a our way to a Brownies game Brian!

View attachment 26876View attachment 26877
I do those pizzas in the class on a Webber gas grill just to show that you don't have to have a special or specific type of oven. They come out great!

OK, I'm looking to do Detroit Style next.
Does anyone have a good starting point?

We started making "french bread pizza". We buy rosemary sourdough bread from the grocery store. We cut up lots of cherry tomatos and garlic. Coat and season with olive oil and spices. Bake it in the oven for a while. Spread them over the fresh bread with Olive oil and Pepper vinegar(ghost and habaneros from the garden). cover with mozzarella, spices, toppings, etc and bake that whole guy in the oven! Depending on the size of the loaf it makes 2 meals for us and costs like $8 dollars!

I do something likewise as well.
Lazy pizza: any form of bread base (pita, flat bread, ciabatta, bread)
Top with whatever and bake
Sort of cross between pixza and toasted sandwich

@The Brew Mentor :
No idea. I would first have to look up what it actually is. No experience

I do something likewise as well.
Lazy pizza: any form of bread base (pita, flat bread, ciabatta, bread)
Top with whatever and bake
Sort of cross between pixza and toasted sandwich

@The Brew Mentor :
No idea. I would first have to look up what it actually is. No experience
Ya the roasted matos are super good and we dump the olive oil onto the bread with some fresh oil and the tomatos! Thinking we might try it with some flat bread or naan. Super easy and delicious!

I didnt comprehend that normal pizza sauce is basically blended up roasted tomatos(sort of).

The other thing is we prep ahead of time with an antacid, otherwise you will wake up midway through the night with the burps lol.

I just saw this and had flashbacks to when my Dad was alive, but not doing so well. The wife and I had "Satellite Beach Pizza" back then. We didn't have time to wait for dough to rise when we got back home on Sunday, so we would stop at the Satellite Beach Publix, put the dough on the back seat of the truck, and it would rise by the time we got home LOL.

I just saw this and had flashbacks to when my Dad was alive, but not doing so well. The wife and I had "Satellite Beach Pizza" back then. We didn't have time to wait for dough to rise when we got back home on Sunday, so we would stop at the Satellite Beach Publix, put the dough on the back seat of the truck, and it would rise by the time we got home LOL.
Ha that's awesome!

Ummm.....Detroit sounds like a good place to start! :p

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
@The Brew Mentor I guess Detroit style is a thicker, more risen dough? Like Chicago, or Sicilian?

For Sicilian, try to use extra-high gluten flour, let it rise a bit, shape it, let it rise (proof) like bread. Once it's tall enough, bake it several minutes at moderate (375) heat to set the loaf (1/2-2/3 cooked), pull it out, add the toppings, and finish it at high heat.

Back