Cold IPA?

Second batch done, kegged, heavily sampled, and just delicious. What a beer! If you haven’t tried one, you should. Dry hopping in the fermenter seems to set it apart from all the others I’ve dry hopped in the secondary; there’s a huge hop aroma but really mild bitterness, a combination that my brain is having trouble understanding. Six days from 1062 to 1010, then 7 days at 34˚ in my small fridge, then keg. And this is not a light beer, but seems like it; definite troublemaker...

20240122_143837.jpg

Pretty beer. The link and the recipe earlier in the thread were cool. I just don't like real Citra forward hoppy beers. If I try something with a lager yeast like that, I think I want a lower gravity Pale Ale ish kind of thing with Cascade and Mosaic.
Thanks for posting this and getting ideas spinning in my head.

The beauty of this recipe is that whatever hops you choose, the result will be less bitterness than you expect at the levels used. I plan to try Amarillo vs. Simcoe next time, just to experience the perceived flavor/aroma difference. And like I mentioned, the gravity seems lower than it actually is.

Back