What are you drinking right now?

Marky boy I'll take ya Pilsner and raise you a wheat beer! Yep I caved three weeks since I drunk though:oops:. On such a beautiful arvo I just couldn't resist a nice summery wheat beer! Cheers all this is going to sink in quick lol:p

I tell ya what that polyclar has done. Great,job on that brew Mark. Well give me a week and I'll post a pic of my current pils but I'm guessing clarity won't be that clear!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    528.3 KB · Views: 106
could almost read number plates ! it did also get a week in the fridge before pouring to be fair
Out of the bottle? Top notch mate! Well looks like a few,of us on here have got pilsners either aging or fermenting so I'm looking forward too the Pilsner pics. I recon yours takes the cake so far Mark.:)

There is a bit of a story about this lemongrass ginger wheat beer. There is a bloke at the local markets here who sells old style ginger beer top notch if I may say so myself. Well I approached him one day in his little stall here in Caloundra in the main street trying to pick his brains on the amount of ginger he puts in his ginger beer. I explained to him I was attempting to brew an alcoholic version of ginger beer with lemongrass. Of course he offered me no advice on his tried and tested old style ginger beer recipe not an approximation nothing. Well I bought a PET bottle of his ginger beer (non alcoholic) and told him I'd bring some of mine back. :).

Three or more weeks passed of course you all know my lemongrass wheat beer questions here on brewersfriend forum. I brewed it chilled it and kegged it then ran a sample off into his PET bottle in anticipation to return it to him. On the day I approached his busy stall waiting for my turn to front his stall. I caught him off guard with " you remember me, I was the one asking about your ginger beer recipe"? After a brief moment he realised who I was and a big smile crossed his face and I put his old PET bottle filled with my lemongrass ginger beer in his hands! I told him how I ended up brewing that beer I was talking about and have,brought you a sample.
He tried it straight away his comments were " I think ginger and malt don't go well together but if I were to pair them together this is what id probably do" he told me how a local brewing company is planning on doing just the thing and how it was similar.

I know a ginger malt combination can be done. I know an ale/ wheat combo might be better, my example ain't perfect but ain't too far off the mark.

So remember hombrewers that we are an creative bunch and who knows we just might be brewing the next big thing ;).​

So remember hombrewers that we are an creative bunch and who knows we just might be brewing the next big thing ;).​

Home brewers have been in the front lines for years. It is fun to be a part of it. All the new styles and variations didn't come from commercial brewery's my friend. As an example: I remember someone talking about a Black IPA several years ago on this forum. My thought was how can you do that, its out of style! (But I brewed one too and enjoyed it.) And a few months later it was available commercially. A few years later there were multiple IPA categories "created" to keep up.

Brew on Ben yes we are an important part of it:):):)

Not about what I'm drinking, but what the girl at the brew store will be drinking later. A while back, I walked into the store wanting to brew, but having no idea what to brew. She and I built a recipe around some lager yeast that was on sale. I fermented it in the garage. The beer turned out fantastic! I just filled up a bottle of it from my tap. I'll give it to her today when I go there to get ingredients for today's session.

Not about what I'm drinking, but what the girl at the brew store will be drinking later. A while back, I walked into the store wanting to brew, but having no idea what to brew. She and I built a recipe around some lager yeast that was on sale. I fermented it in the garage. The beer turned out fantastic! I just filled up a bottle of it from my tap. I'll give it to her today when I go there to get ingredients for today's session.
You'll have to ask here what are we going to create today lol:p.

Already had it picked out. A honey amber I've brewed several times.

Boston lager, one of my favorite beers, Birthday Beer lol goes well with the 1 pound marbled Rib Steak Im grilling

my birthday is actually tomorrow but Im busy all day, its 6:15pm here its defiantly drinking time

By the way Ive been watching the Australian open all week, "former Tennis Player" I love that tournament, top players from around the word

nadal vs federer australian open 2017 wow

Last edited:
don't be fooled by their looks they are damn good athletes, I practiced 4 hours a day...they practice more

Saw them two williams sisters go toe to toe last night little sis beat big sis.

Happy bday for tomorrow.

Last edited:
Westmalle Tripel - considering doing a trappistbier in the near future and am doing research...yeah, that's it :) Happy b-day OMB.

Attachments

• 20170129_183306-1209x1612.jpg
    20170129_183306-1209x1612.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 105

Back