What are you drinking right now?

step mashed , plenty of yeast and a decent D rest to make sure it finished and cleaned up
if i do same brew again i'll rock the FV to bring the more floccuant yeast back up
i also froze this beer during CC so added ale yeast for carbonation .... proper lager yeast may have finished drier / crisper in the bottles

Well at least you get to brew another one to iron out the creases so to speak;)
Hey fermenting a pils at the moment with 34/70 yeast it's been rocking for last few days I love the malty flavour this yeast leaves in a brew im looking forward to the results in a few weeks:)

Well at least you get to brew another one to iron out the creases so to speak;)
Hey fermenting a pils at the moment with 34/70 yeast it's been rocking for last few days I love the malty flavour this yeast leaves in a brew im looking forward to the results in a few weeks:)
Started a D rest Monday with my lager, burping slowly at 63F. Will let it slow down and then cold crash. No readings, just letting it do it's thing.

I'm drinking a recipe that the girl working at the brew store and I whipped up when I didn't know what I wanted to brew that day. I told her I was full on lagers so it had to be an ale. She told me it was cold outside and I needed to suck it up and consider a lager. So I bought Charlie P's Cry Havoc on sale, and we wrapped it around Pilsner, biscuit, honey malt, and chocolate. Saaz and Perle for the hops. Very unusual Amber lager. Dry taste. I like it.

Started a D rest Monday with my lager, burping slowly at 63F. Will let it slow down and then cold crash. No readings, just letting it do it's thing.
Checked gravity yesterday on my pils there head first 1.010 so I bumped it a few degrees toward its D rest my starting gravity wasn't too high but I was suprised after a few days that it had dropped that far. Probably not a great sign for a clean crisp fermentation :rolleyes:.

Drinking WHHB "Pale Ale of the Woods" - good stuff.

Attachments

• 20170113_190244-1209x1612.jpg
    20170113_190244-1209x1612.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 172
can you believe it I actually bought beer :confused: although its not as alcoholic as mine its not bad at all, Michelob Amber Bock, not bad at all :) after 5

Had Enjoy By 2.14.17 tonight, which is called Chocolate Coffee IPA... Hm, I was kind of expecting a dark IPA, but it was considerably orangey in color. I want to try it again with a fresher palate. I guess I felt like the chocolate coffee and happiness were muddled together.

gin and tonic. ok. good talk. good night,

Got off work and poured one of the last of a simple pale ale with my own hops. Sure funny how you can tell when you are getting close to the bottom of a good keg. The cloudiness from dry hopping is even clearing out. I hope it only takes a few to kill the keg. I could use the space in the keezer tomorrow! Bottoms up!!!

Got off work and poured one of the last of a simple pale ale with my own hops. Sure funny how you can tell when you are getting close to the bottom of a good keg. The cloudiness from dry hopping is even clearing out. I hope it only takes a few to kill the keg. I could use the space in the keezer tomorrow! Bottoms up!!!
How do you like growing your own hops HF? I am endeavouring down this horticultural path this spring.

How do you like growing your own hops HF? I am endeavouring down this horticultural path this spring.

I dig it! No pun intended. I tried Centennial first since they are a dual purpose hop and the 3rd year we harvested over 3 pounds dried. This year we are getting some starts from friends of Cascade and what I think are something like Goldings. Some of Budweisers:eek:hops are grown within 100 miles from us so our climate works well. I haven't tested them other than making beer but the alpha for the Centennial is short. The aroma is excellent though. When they are ripe I like to throw a few in my glass.:D

I dig it! No pun intended. I tried Centennial first since they are a dual purpose hop and the 3rd year we harvested over 3 pounds dried. This year we are getting some starts from friends of Cascade and what I think are something like Goldings. Some of Budweisers:eek:hops are grown within 100 miles from us so our climate works well. I haven't tested them other than making beer but the alpha for the Centennial is short. The aroma is excellent though. When they are ripe I like to throw a few in my glass.:D
Fantastic! I just received my 6 starters plants (dormant and crowned over) this week. I am growing:
• 2 Cascades
• 1 Centennial
• 1 Brewers Gold
• 1 Chinook
• 1 Magnum

Not as well attenuated and crisp as i wanted , still a well balanced beer but with a slight honey sweetness at the end
messed up a few weeks back and think i submitted an APA instead of this beer for a comp still waiting for a scorecard

Unbiased report back from someone trained ?
I joined clubs before and found a few know alls , liking my new club though as it's a decent bunch of guys all wanting me to make better beer ! Was warned before a tasting that i won't get kid gloves , if it's junk they'll tell you while looking you in the eyes ( mine was fine though ) then they tell you how to improve it .
Funny enough i put my brews in front of state and national champs and certified judges before i gave my workmates much

Back