What are you drinking right now?

Just a lovely Porter form Collective Arts
Rep'n my squads too!
20231104_223503.jpg

Looks very similar in colour to my latest Ginger beer @Sunfire96

View attachment 27144

More of the same tonight CiderView attachment 27145
Back to how it looked in the apple juice bottle...
That looks like a classic (at least medium sweet?) Cider - after ginger beer sounds perfect although I still haven't made my ginger or even tasted the alcohol variety yet (just recently acquired an extract kit though - hopefully on for next spring)

That looks like a classic (at least medium sweet?) Cider - after ginger beer sounds perfect although I still haven't made my ginger or even tasted the alcohol variety yet (just recently acquired an extract kit though - hopefully on for next spring)
Yeah it has a subtle sweet finish 1.004 it went to.

MyDSC21-118a.jpg

My Bonfire Toffee Extra Stout. Three and a half months in the bottle. ABV: 6.5%.

Haven't captured the head well enough here - much deeper rustier shade than usual. Very deep but dissipated about 80% before holding with very consistent carbonation.

Just coming off the back of a fever when everything both food and drink has tasted bland or magnified (especially salty food). I think I am getting an impaired aroma of liquorice way more to my liking than I would usually be happy with. Otherwise don't know what the hell it smells like. There is a touch of that in the taste though. As with the test early doors, more bonfire than toffee. Thankfully the oak chip effect is not so pronounced now. Still feels like it has some maturing to go so maybe another three months or so for the keg when the toffee might come through. Taste buds probably still skewed a little but doesn't seem anywhere near as dry or bitter as my usual stouts. Growing on me quickly.

View attachment 27170
My Bonfire Toffee Extra Stout. Three and a half months in the bottle. ABV: 6.5%.

Haven't captured the head well enough here - much deeper rustier shade than usual. Very deep but dissipated about 80% before holding with very consistent carbonation.

Just coming off the back of a fever when everything both food and drink has tasted bland or magnified (especially salty food). I think I am getting an impaired aroma of liquorice way more to my liking than I would usually be happy with. Otherwise don't know what the hell it smells like. There is a touch of that in the taste though. As with the test early doors, more bonfire than toffee. Thankfully the oak chip effect is not so pronounced now. Still feels like it has some maturing to go so maybe another three months or so for the keg when the toffee might come through. Taste buds probably still skewed a little but doesn't seem anywhere near as dry or bitter as my usual stouts. Growing on me quickly.
I am a huge proponent of patience in brewing, but you make me seem like the hare in comparison with the tortoise. Keep up your good work, and your photos are improving, too.

View attachment 27159The first pour of my Wheat Ale. It is beer, but something is missing. Given that it was bottled only six days ago, it has carbed nicely, and is super clear. I had intended to dry hop this beer with Mandarina Bavaria, but I didn’t. Maybe as it conditions further it will improve, I hope.
I am just wondering here, has anybody tried adding flavorings to the glass to boost/improve the flavor of an otherwise uninspiring brew? If so, what might you suggest to bring some life to my wheat ale. I have 23 more bottles to drink, and I want to keep my streak of “never a dumper” alive. Not that this is so bad as to dump, it just did not inspire me, except to make me wonder how it can be improved immediately.

I am just wondering here, has anybody tried adding flavorings to the glass to boost/improve the flavor of an otherwise uninspiring brew? If so, what might you suggest to bring some life to my wheat ale. I have 23 more bottles to drink, and I want to keep my streak of “never a dumper” alive. Not that this is so bad as to dump, it just did not inspire me, except to make me wonder how it can be improved immediately.
You could use fruit syrups like the Germans use for Berliner Weisse. Find some locally grown seasonal fruit, there should be some berries still around this time of year in Oregon, and make a reduction/tincture and dose each glass?

Was also going to say fruit. Fruit goes well with wheat beers.

You could use fruit syrups like the Germans use for Berliner Weisse. Find some locally grown seasonal fruit, there should be some berries still around this time of year in Oregon, and make a reduction/tincture and dose each glass?
Good thinking, though I have not seen any berries hanging for quite a while. While hiking around here, it seems the berries were done much earlier this year than last. The blackberry that grows in our neighbor’s yard produced good fruit, but it was done 2 months ago. We have a jar of local Blackberry jam that maybe could be used to make a syrup? Otherwise, I will look around for some locally produced syrup.

I’ve added lactic acid

Had some accidentally fermented apple cider. tasted unfermented Kim told me to leave and see what happens:)

My mind goes to them flavourings distillers use actually I saw something recently that piqued my interest I'll go have a look and link in here...

Here ya go Herm
https://beerco.com.au/collections/v...430&utm_medium=email&utm_source=shopify_email

In case the link don't work
Screenshot_20231106_123654_Chrome.jpg

These flavouring look really great.

It's an Australian HB store but surely you've got something similar in America...

Back