Your Year In Beer 2023.

I am brewing batch number 89 today, I have 2 more brews later this week and a few more this year! was hoping to hit 100 brews this year, but ill accept low 90s for our first year.

I have learned a lot about the brewhouse that I have. Learned a lot of lessons on recipe building (so much left to learn!). Battled beetles. Gotten organized. Not a bad year all in!
Your just getting into your rhythm man.
Next year I hope will be even bigger and better for you

Maybe even a new boil kettle :cool:

Looks like I brewed 28 batches for about 110 gallons (for my household of 2! :)). I'm planning at least one more brewday before 2024
Mostly pale ales and sessions IPAs. I experimented a lot with new hops this year. I think the best beer I made was another version of Shady Boh dark lager.
I added a mash tun and some new recirculation hardware to my equipment and have recently moved away from no chill batches now that the tap water is cold again.
Looking forward to more good beers in 2024!

Your just getting into your rhythm man.
Next year I hope will be even bigger and better for you

Maybe even a new boil kettle :cool:
Fingers crossed man, we are making steps that way. Waiting on getting the power increased and we have an electrician scheduled to build us a new panel. Im just brewing to get ahead right now. Got 4 more brews planned so far for this year, maybe more?

Thanks. Over the years I've used Notty, London, Windsor, 1968, 1450, 1275 and 1028. But I don't think the yeast is the issue. My problem is trying to land the flavor in the caramel/toffee/chocolate range without getting into obvious roast flavors, which I attribute more to Stouts and not Porters. Brewing my English Porter, I've ended up making a few wonderful Brown Ales and Stouts! But I can't get in between without leaning too far one way (not enough chocolate) or the other (too much roast). I'll get there though.

Apologies to the OP. Back to the topic at hand.
My last one was 61.5% Maris Otter, 13.5% Munich I, 7.7% Chocolate, 3.8% C120, 3.8% White Wheat, 9.6% Flaked Oats, 2oz Fuggle @60, WLP004. I fermented around 67 and it may have been a little cooler on a couple of nights as it was in the winter. Looking back at my notes, I was pretty damn happy with it and the balance.

My 2023

Brewing Summary By Beer Style:
StyleTotal
American Amber Ale3
American Brown Ale2
American IPA6
American Lager1
American Pale Ale1
American Stout1
Belgian Blond Ale1
Belgian Dark Strong Ale1
Berliner Weisse2
Blonde Ale1
Saison1
Schwarzbier1
Specialty IPA: Black IPA1
Specialty IPA: New England IPA2

The year ain't over yet ;)
Gonna make a list like that as well

My 2023

StyleTotal
American Amber Ale3
American Brown Ale2
American IPA6
American Lager1
American Pale Ale1
American Stout1
Belgian Blond Ale1
Belgian Dark Strong Ale1
Berliner Weisse2
Blonde Ale1
Saison1
Schwarzbier1
2 per month, and 14 different styles, that is good production.

Over the past 12 months, I have brewed 16 batches of beer for just under 42 gallons of volume. During that time, my wife and I have started 3 batches of simple cider. Before the year is done, I will definitely brew once more, if not twice. And there is definitely another batch of cider to start in the next few weeks.
It seems like I have brewed more than I actually have, maybe that is because of bottling?
StyleTotal
American Amber Ale2
American IPA2
American Pale Ale2
American Stout3
American Wheat Beer2
Blonde Ale1
International Amber Lager1
Saison2
Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer1

The last four beers in this list are styles that I had never brewed before this year, so I have broadened my horizons. This year I joined a homebrewing club, and in doing so made some new friends, tried some different beers, learned some new stuff, and got to participate in a presentation by Denny Conn. It has been a good year of brewing, and I look forward to more in the new year.

My 2023

StyleTotal
American Amber Ale3
American Brown Ale2
American IPA6
American Lager1
American Pale Ale1
American Stout1
Belgian Blond Ale1
Belgian Dark Strong Ale1
Berliner Weisse2
Blonde Ale1
Saison1
Schwarzbier1
Awesome Spread man I sure got around the BJCP this year!

About 8 batches for about 35 gallons. My stout was excellent. Loved my lager, RIP. Checkpoint Charlie Kolsch was solid for a second time. Am getting the styles down, a bit better, hitting my numbers, and have even figured out how to make a tasty NEIPA. Efficiency has improved. Moved from switching ice packs from a freezer to a refrigerated box, lol. A good year. Had one catastrophe - a dumper that wasn't meant to be.
Favorite yeast - 05 and 04 and now 34/70. Hops - Citra and Mosaic, but have been branching out. Liking the barrel brewing - looking forward to another Lambic on fruit in secondary soon. Inspired by Craigerrr, I might not be as proud about all grain, and fill the box now and then with an extract brew or two when I don't want a six hour brew day and heavy lifting.

My list:

Simple cider x 6
Ginger - no grain x 2

Bunjippy
Speciale Belge x 3 (sort of De Koninck/Palm)
Kolsch-ish
Wheat x 4
Golden beach brew x2
Golden strong
Red ale
Blonde
Amber

I used
Voss, Bry 97 and M 47

I'll get at least one more brew in before the end of the year

My 2023

StyleTotal
American Amber Ale3
American Brown Ale2
American IPA6
American Lager1
American Pale Ale1
American Stout1
Belgian Blond Ale1
Belgian Dark Strong Ale1
Berliner Weisse2
Blonde Ale1
Saison1
Schwarzbier1
A very diverse list!

About 8 batches for about 35 gallons. My stout was excellent. Loved my lager, RIP. Checkpoint Charlie Kolsch was solid for a second time. Am getting the styles down, a bit better, hitting my numbers, and have even figured out how to make a tasty NEIPA. Efficiency has improved. Moved from switching ice packs from a freezer to a refrigerated box, lol. A good year. Had one catastrophe - a dumper that wasn't meant to be.
Favorite yeast - 05 and 04 and now 34/70. Hops - Citra and Mosaic, but have been branching out. Liking the barrel brewing - looking forward to another Lambic on fruit in secondary soon. Inspired by Craigerrr, I might not be as proud about all grain, and fill the box now and then with an extract brew or two when I don't want a six hour brew day and heavy lifting.
Repeating brews and nailing them is a good way to get consistent great work man!

Crap batches sometimes come along to shake our confidence i use them to focus more a sign that maybe I'm getting slack somewhere in my process.

Back