Yeast quentions tempretures quantity and stuf

One pack is plenty fermented cool. You could even use less, 1/2 pack, if fermenting warmer at like 18C as you originally stated. But most people would just use the whole pack, because, most people love to overpitch.
There is not really an advantage to not using a whole pack of yeast. The only real disadvantage is cost. Unless we are talking a 500g brick then that's just excessive lol.

There is not really an advantage to not using a whole pack of yeast. The only real disadvantage is cost. Unless we are talking a 500g brick then that's just excessive lol.
Yeah, it's not like you're spending $16 for a pack of White Labs. It's less than half that much for a dry yeast like S-23.

So thinking all those
If i make a batch with Kveik voss and fermenting 2-3 days, i can start a new batch every 10 days maximum
3 days fermenting 7 days carbonating, (meanwhile drinking beer until next batch)
Reusing same yeast will be cheap and fast batches, a can do alot of practice brewery small batches every week. The problem is that i will be alcoholic LoL
Any recommendations for a recipe? With Kveik voss?

I can pick any ale recipe and replace yeast?
There is any other yeast that is similar so i use those recipes?

I can pick any ale recipe and replace yeast?
There is any other yeast that is similar so i use those recipes?
I like it for most normal ales. I have made everything from 9% double juicy ipas to stout with the same yeast strain.

The fast ferm times come from bigger yeast pitches and good temp control.

This is one of my year around beers. It's pretty tasty. I can scale it down for you if you would like me to.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/embed/1352389

You are enthusiastic, I like that, but don't rush the process
Agreed. Cleaning and process are far far more important then speed.

Lots of good recipes but if the process isn't good the beer will be bad.

I am not really a home brewer, my tanks are glycol cooled and I have to turn beer at a quick rate because I am selling it and have a small brew system for the demand.

I also have a lot of experience making beer on a large scale. So you have to sort of take my advice and recipes with a grain of salt due to my background and equipement.

Last edited:
I use Voss for almost everything in summertime, but I keep it in the fermenter for a week at least. Seems to work for me.
And I re-use yeast. Generally 2 or 3 times and then apple juice (preserved with vitamin C) for a simple cider

Its all I can use in the hot season.
I find kveik Voss working pretty good at esp around 37+ oC and I way way underpitch
But I don't push it otherwise, I leave it to ferment for 1 week, most likely 10 days or more
Also, I am used to Belgian beers so I don't mind the yeast throwing out some esters

It's a great yeast for us in hot climates :)

Just my $0.02, don't like kviek. Its fast and that is the only thing good about it.
Not any one thing is right for everyone.
I like what it brings to a Hazy, but I found that it needs to be fermented at a high temperature (39C) to reduce the "zing" that it can bring to a beer.
A few years ago I tried in in a Porter, and didn't like the results, however after a couple of months the Kveiky flavor settled out and the beer was great.

Not any one thing is right for everyone.
I like what it brings to a Hazy, but I found that it needs to be fermented at a high temperature (39C) to reduce the "zing" that it can bring to a beer.
A few years ago I tried in in a Porter, and didn't like the results, however after a couple of months the Kveiky flavor settled out and the beer was great.
Brewed a Double Juicy IPA on Wednesday. Dryhopped it today. Gonna crash it down on Monday. Carbonate and pack it on Tuesday! This morning it was at 76% attenuation 8.12%!!! I love it. Sub 10 Day double IPA!!!!

Back