Why is SRM off alittle

Herm yes I see......Silly thing is after talking about Red Ales and reading about those three malts
Aurora, Red back and Shepherds Delight it makes me want to brew a Red on purpose,
No I did not set out to brew a Red.....
A happy accident!
Just ask the shop to repeat the mistake!

Segway to a joke...

A traveller goes to check his bags for a flight to Chicago and asks for his bags to be sent to Miami. The clerk says I'm sorry, but we just can't do that. The traveller says, I don't see why not, you did it last week!

@Minbari the Carared is hard to get here but Gladfields have that Equivalent called Red Back.
https://www.gladfieldmalt.co.nz/malt-alternative-swap-to-gladfield-malts

@Donoroto Haha yes turned out great and thanks.....

@Craigerrr Yes for sure...Love the joke......I did get a reply from her today below:

Hi Brett,

It’s a very pretty red but obviously not what you were after.

Munich is contributing some colour but it’s the toffee and biscuit (also called amber malt) that made the final colour.

You need to use a recipe app that you load your malt EBC (colour) into if you want more control over the end colour. If you don’t want any additional colour then you cant use “coloured” malts ie toffee/crystal/biscuit/amber. Using only Lager would give a light gold colour but toffee and biscuit bring on the red.

Tiff

Back