Which container for Malt Storage?

ChicoBrewer

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the vittles vault. I'm just not sure what size? 30lb or 50lb? What is the volume of a 50 lb sack of grain?

Get the 50-pounder...and get several if you can get find them on sale.
I keep one for each of my base malts along with a big 45 gallon plastic storage tub/tote with a lid that I can stack full of unopened bags if I stock up on multiple bags of malts like Pilsner and 2-row that I use a lot of. I can hold about a 6-month supply of base malts.

I use big rubbermaid totes but I really like the look of the vittles vaults. Might be better for space utilization.

I just use generic 5 gallon buckets with standard issue lids. Small quantities are in their original packages which I tape shut after opening. Base malts go straight into the buckets. Everything is kept inside, and since we live in the high desert, humidity isn't a concern.

I use the 50lb vittles vault for base malt. Five gallon buckets, with lids, for smaller quantities and DME. Everything is stored in the basement. No issues so far. I really like the vittles vault and will probably upgrade at some point.

Nice, only 85$ in shipping to Canada. Yay!

Back