What’s for dinner?

Breakfast....it's what's for dinner!

View attachment 21863

A little carb heavy but I spaced on a promise I made Wifey for Sunday morning...Dark Mild is great with the sweet of the maple syrup and the savory of the sage sausage.
OMG no you and my Missus have something in common.
On holiday recently she ordered a bacon and egg pancake :eek:

OMG no you and my Missus have something in common.
On holiday recently she ordered a bacon and egg pancake :eek:
Probably the only decent way to eat pancake :)

My dinner
IMG_20220816_173453.jpg

Hey looking back at your BBQ fare there Megary how do them French style chippies go on the BBQ plate?

I usually cut them horizontal forming disks on the BBQ
We bought them pre-cut to make life easy. :oops:

They came out great. With the Blackstone, I need to keep a squirt bottle of olive oil handy, and the potatoes need to be seasoned until I'm scared. Then I season them a bit more. :)

Just a lot of pills from <link deleted> came down with a cold recently. Hope, it's not a covid. I'm really not feeling well.
It is frowned upon to include non beer links. No harm, no foul, no spam please.

Last edited:
Not for dinner tonight but for picnic at the house tomorrow. 9.35 lb pork butt with a barbacoa rub. I will be doing an all day smoke on my Traeger and will also me making Elotes (Grilled Mexican Street Corn). Lots of funky mixed drinks and some beer. That guests might be bringing.

I will share the results tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• 20220902_094719.jpg
    20220902_094719.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 34
Not for dinner tonight but for picnic at the house tomorrow. 9.35 lb pork butt with a barbacoa rub. I will be doing an all day smoke on my Traeger and will also me making Elotes (Grilled Mexican Street Corn). Lots of funky mixed drinks and some beer. That guests might be bringing.

I will share the results tomorrow afternoon.
Nice!
Never made babacoa, but always had the idea of maybe, one day....

IMG_20220831_200623324.jpg
IMG_20220831_200540274.jpg
Last night roasted garden tomatoes and garlic with some fresh basil in EVOO. Served over Linguini, with a crusty roll.
That and a small salad. Oh, I forgot the tabasco peppers on the side.
Lately, most of my meals have garden veggies.

Glut of tomatoes here....
For dinner: either chicken tikka masala (just put chicken in the marinade) or my ground meat/tomato sauce that I made yesterday

Since I'm trying to rid some items in my pantry and discovered I have several cans of black beans on hand, I managed to use one can while making this recipe for black bean quesadillas. They are quite tasty when served with a fresh side of guacamole. The caramelized bell peppers juiced with lime really add a nice kick. Such a simple thing, but it definitely adds to the overall flavor profile.

This evening my brother and his family are coming over for a little Oktoberfest gathering. We’ll have bratwurst, kraut, pretzels, and apple strudel. My Festbier will get tapped as well. Had more people coming but life means schedules don’t always line up.

I was going to make spring rolls, but the sheets are no longer good.
Decided to fry some emping and krupuk instead, drinking an ice cold mosi and wondering what to have for dinner instead

Tomorrow nights dinner for the family and a few very close friends. 19.50 lb beef Brisket with a special homemade rub. Injected with the rub. A little over 8 hours to soak up the Injection and on the Traeger in the morning. A cup of good coffee and a beautiful sunset will hopefully start the day. Stay tuned for the results late tomorrow afternoon.

And while the Brisket is smoking the beer gets a bottling.
20220923_194025.jpg

Back