What to expect using this many hops?

I thought you were in Aus after you helped me out with that stone and wood recipe. Yea hops here don't seem as cheap as in the US but you can't ignore them they sure do make the beer and the aromas are worth all the $.

Yep, I am from Ireland but living in Perth ATM, are you part of the Aussie Home Brewers on Facebook it's a great resource?

I little off topic, as most of this thread has been, but the beer keeps coming down. I was expecting it to finish at around the 1.018 mark but it is now at 1.010?!?!? Does WLP001 do this?
The beer tastes good, dry and far boozier than I was hoping for but drinkable, I am hoping it stops coming down and maybe the dry hopping can mask a lil bit of the alcohol.

I little off topic, as most of this thread has been, but the beer keeps coming down. I was expecting it to finish at around the 1.018 mark but it is now at 1.010?!?!? Does WLP001 do this?
The beer tastes good, dry and far boozier than I was hoping for but drinkable, I am hoping it stops coming down and maybe the dry hopping can mask a lil bit of the alcohol.
I've got a version of WLP 0001 s couin Sandiego Super Yeast can remember it's number but yea that yeast can get up to 84% attenuation.

Chico strain...US-05, WLP001, etc will almost always go 80% or better. I don't know why they list the attenuation so low. You must have had an efficient, low-temp mash and made lots of good fermentables.
The alcohol will mellow, don't worry. You'll have an excellent beer when you're done.

Back