What temperature do you drink your beer at?

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I like a beer that ranges between 36 and 40 my self, personally I get more flavor closer to the 40 range

My fridge is set to 41 - I usually have a keg of dark beer, and a keg of something light in the fridge and this seems to be good for both.

I drink mine "warm"...though not entirely on purpose.
Generally my fermentation chamber is set to 15°C for the first 2 weeks of fermentation, so I will just use it as my beer fridge as well. Otherwise, seeing as I don't really like any drinks particularly cold, anywhere between 10° and 15° is good for me.

Beer fridge is set to 47 ... seems be a happy medium for all styles

Are we discussing beer temperature (appropriate to style) or ambient temperature (anything from about 20 degrees up through the 90s)?

ha ha, :D

do you drink your beer only ice cold, at a specific temp or Luke warm, I'm currently sipping a Luke warm apa....I just love it

:) I generally find about 40-50 degrees works best for most beer.

Sorry, I usually try to suppress my inner snark - this time it didn't work.... ;-)

my beer fridge is set to around 39-42. perfect for me.

I drink most beers anywhere from 50°F to 60*F (which is the temperature of my basement year-round). Certain commercial beers (which I rarely drink anyway) I'll drink at 40*F... but I never drink any highly hopped brew below 50°. Colder temps seem (at least to my palate) throw highly hopped brews severely out of 'balance', though more and more commercial brews these days seem to lack any real balance at all :roll:

charlespe said:
my beer fridge is set to around 39-42. perfect for me. Also guys [spam link was here] has quiet good articles related to beer
"Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Lovely Spam, Wonderful Spam."

Yep, spamalot. Shall I exert my god-like administrator powers to rid ourselves of this evil that infringes upon the land?

Nosybear said:
Yep, spamalot. Shall I exert my god-like administrator powers to rid ourselves of this evil that infringes upon the land?
I see you already removed that particular part of the post. I have also modified my quote of it so I am no longer "spreading the spam". :lol:
Considering this is not charespe's first offense (see: search.php?author_id=7013&sr=posts) I personally would be in support of nuking the account.

I didn't do any nuking. Author must have, or another admin. I tried the second link and went nowhere.

Nosybear said:
I didn't do any nuking. Author must have, or another admin. I tried the second link and went nowhere.
Ah, yup, someone(else) has been doing some nuking. :D

I got rid of the most recent spam post in this forum.

You go, guys!. Now back on topic: It's zero degrees in Denver today - is that an appropriate temperature for drinking beer? ;-)

Back