What did you get delivered today

Looks I'll be brewing soon. I haven't had any Golden Promise in some time.
20220317_214955.jpg

I sometimes wonder about using an immersion chiller, but drought considerations always bring me back down to earth. In my process using an ice bath, I only use less than 3 gallons of water, which goes in the garden at the end of the brew day.

I sometimes wonder about using an immersion chiller, but drought considerations always bring me back down to earth. In my process using an ice bath, I only use less than 3 gallons of water, which goes in the garden at the end of the brew day.
When I used to chill my wort down on brew day I'd run it out into buckets I found I could chill a batch (21lt) with 100lt of water give or take.
The first 20lt Bucket is scolding hot that's (cleaning water) the second 20lt is warm and the last 60lt gets transferred to garden.

I'm dreaming up a plan here to use an unused 200lt garden tank as a Cold liquor tank for chilling on brew day.

Had the “Wine and Hop Shop” in Madison order it for me from LD Carlson. I think there is a shop in Green Bay that stocks it but can’t remember what the name of it is.
Let us know if you like it. I’ve never heard of that malt before, it would interesting to try.

I also like using No Chill methods when I can. Zero water used for chilling. But not every recipes works well with no chill

In my process using an ice bath, I only use less than 3 gallons of water, which goes in the garden at the end of the brew day.
One can circulate cold water through a coil too. It can be made cold with ice. Theoretically you can reuse the same water every time.

Back