What did you get delivered today

Hell ya. At the rate that I have been brewing, that is less then 2 months worth of 2row. I have 4 brews scheduled for this week and next week.
Kicking arse man that's great to hear your obviously brewing some great beer!

How'd that 100th brew come across the bar people liking it?

Kicking arse man that's great to hear your obviously brewing some great beer!

How'd that 100th brew come across the bar people liking it?
It is good! Ended up calling it 101th pale ale. It's funny to hear people try to figure out how to ask for it at the bar!

In hindsight I would have liked to have used some more dank hops and added more bitterness.

Got about 40 bags of grain and 44#s of hops delivered today! Carried about 2/3s of the pallet up 2.5 flights of stairs before my help arrived! I think I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.
You need one (or two) of those stair-side chair lifts.
Or a bigger window and some pulleys...

It is good! Ended up calling it 101th pale ale. It's funny to hear people try to figure out how to ask for it at the bar!

In hindsight I would have liked to have used some more dank hops and added more bitterness.
Even reading it looks Odd! :D

I thought why not 101st
Either way it's finicky.

You need one (or two) of those stair-side chair lifts.
Or a bigger window and some pulleys...
Dude I was supposed to have a frieght lift, it hasn't appeared yet though....
Even reading it looks Odd! :D

I thought why not 101st
Either way it's finicky.
It's funny. I watched a grown man's mind glitch while ordering lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dry hop droppenator 3000. Already had the 2" triclamp on the fermenter.
20240312_130346.jpg

have that one too........can never get it to stop leaking.
Same mines going on 5years I find after awhile the duotight hose clamp thing wears and it's hard to get a tight seal.

Got the new version now I've decided where possible to leave the hoses clamped in that way avoiding possible leak when reassembled...

its a pretty area if you ever get out there. lots of farms, orchards..........desert. about an hour drive from seattle area on the east side of the mountains.
I grew up in Oregon, seen the Palouse a few times. It's not my favorite but I love the hops lol

have that one too........can never get it to stop leaking.
Some thoughts on that:

Duotight is just one of many similar products. These depend on the tubing being prepared well. If everything is as it should be, it won't leak.

Disconnect the line(s) - ideally only the one that's leaking! (find it using soapy water). They disconnect by pushing the ring on the connector inwards. Re-cut the end, making sure it is perfectly square. A cigar cutter might be useful, and they make similar items just for the tubing, but careful work with a sharp razor should do. Then plug it back in. IF it still leaks, the coupling is faulty and needs replacement, BUT one can possibly fix that with a bit of food-safe grease (vaseline, keg lube, etc.) smeared on the outside of the tubing - take it out, grease it, plug it back in.

Now if it is leaking somewhere else, like a threaded joint, add teflon tape or just throw your hands in the air and curse at it.

May never need to buy more line cleaner, ordered that on Amazon, didn't realize it was such a large container! The price was right...

Some thoughts on that:

Duotight is just one of many similar products. These depend on the tubing being prepared well. If everything is as it should be, it won't leak.

Disconnect the line(s) - ideally only the one that's leaking! (find it using soapy water). They disconnect by pushing the ring on the connector inwards. Re-cut the end, making sure it is perfectly square. A cigar cutter might be useful, and they make similar items just for the tubing, but careful work with a sharp razor should do. Then plug it back in. IF it still leaks, the coupling is faulty and needs replacement, BUT one can possibly fix that with a bit of food-safe grease (vaseline, keg lube, etc.) smeared on the outside of the tubing - take it out, grease it, plug it back in.

Now if it is leaking somewhere else, like a threaded joint, add teflon tape or just throw your hands in the air and curse at it.
Hey another thing if anyone is having issues with the Duotight fittings is they have two grab points .

Meaning when you push your line home into the fitting it will go in and you'll feel resistance that's the first bit keep pushing it'll push in another couple of mill that's the second seal.

I'll link their video

At the end at 5:50 min mark it explains it

Last edited:
Hey another thing if anyone is having issues with the Duotight fittings is they have two grab points .

Meaning when you push your line home into the fitting it will go in and you'll feel resistance that's the first bit keep pushing it'll push in another couple of mull that's the second seal.

I'll link their video

At the end at 5:50 min mark it explains it
Most of those push fitting are like that. The first pop is the retention clamp, The second is the oring that does the actual sealing

Most of those push fitting are like that. The first pop is the retention clamp, The second is the oring that does the actual sealing
Duotight have the grip ring and two orings, whereas say John Guest fittings have a single oring.

Back