What are you drinking right now?

Homemade Shepherds Pie with mt Irish Stout. Smaller glass is for Kim
IMG_8080.jpeg

image.jpg
Since Oakshire Public House is so close to my wife’s work, and they have Happy Hour all day on Monday, it’s a no brainer. I pick her up, we land here, with at least 6 food trucks to choose from.
Trainsong Saison in the tulip for her, Watershed IPA for me.

View attachment 29037Since Oakshire Public House is so close to my wife’s work, and they have Happy Hour all day on Monday, it’s a no brainer. I pick her up, we land here, with at least 6 food trucks to choose from.
Got back last week from Visiting GF's daughter and Fiancé in Salem/Keizer. Didn't visit any breweries there but did try the one in Sunriver which was really good. Nice that you can fly into both Eugene (which is what we did) and now Salem.

View attachment 29037Since Oakshire Public House is so close to my wife’s work, and they have Happy Hour all day on Monday, it’s a no brainer. I pick her up, we land here, with at least 6 food trucks to choose from.
If someone makes a nice, clean one in the 5s, I am rather fond of a good Saison.

Beautiful looking beer!
Do tell, what are the IBU's, and describe the flavor. It looks kind of NEIPA ish !
Thanks! Here's the recipe. It does have some hazy pale ale qualities, which I don't love. But it's still a good beer. The hops definitely have some citrus and pine going on, but also some apricot/peach notes (which may be from the yeast).

I'm curious about trying Biofine on my next batch to see if the hazy qualities that I don't like would disappear.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1466574/house-pale-1-3

Thanks! Here's the recipe. It does have some hazy pale ale qualities, which I don't love. But it's still a good beer. The hops definitely have some citrus and pine going on, but also some apricot/peach notes (which may be from the yeast).

I'm curious about trying Biofine on my next batch to see if the hazy qualities that I don't like would disappear.

Biofine is kinda magical. I love that stuff. It won't always remove chill hazy as that is prolly too small to be effected.

But other protiens and yeast drop out in days

have you tried whilfloc, I use a half tablet for 5 gallon batches
that, a few days at near freezing, and a bit of time in the keg usually clear mine up
That is not a lot of wheat, but I wonder if it is a factor, if you are using it for head retention try carafoam/carapils, I have had good results with those

have you tried whilfloc, I use a half tablet for 5 gallon batches
that, a few days at near freezing, and a bit of time in the keg usually clear mine up
That is not a lot of wheat, but I wonder if it is a factor, if you are using it for head retention try carafoam/carapils, I have had good results with those
The previous version of this recipe didn't have wheat and had the same issues, so *shrug* I don't know where it's coming from lol I'll keep tweaking. And I always use irish moss in the boil (same active ingredient as whirl floc)

Back