What are you drinking right now?

Not liking that they are closing, that sucks, but I really like the sound of that CDA!
I have drunk enough beers brewed with spruce tips to know that I like what spruce tips bring to a beer. There is a spruce tree in our neighborhood, I might be looking to harvest some tips in season. It would be cool to brew a CDA. A good topic to look into.

Feeling a bit Viking. Had this,
image.jpg

Followed by this.
71948977-74D7-4DB0-B249-51810DCE0CEB.jpeg

The Arctic pale ale was pretty hoppy with Cascade, Northern Brewer, and Hallertau. The porter is dark, but easy to drink, lots of dark malt things happening. Both quite tasty.

Don’t tell anyone, but I had a Founder’s Dirty Bastard earlier as well.

Stout
@Zefram

This is the one I racked on top of the frozen cranberries and cherries. The taste is Stout first, with some cranberry flavor, and maybe a touch of sweetness from the cherries. I wonder if I were to share one of these, would the drinker even notice the fruit? Maybe I didn’t use enough fruit (3# for 3 gallons), maybe I didn’t bust the fruit up enough before adding to the secondary, maybe I just didn’t let it secondary long enough (one week). Maybe all 3. Not sure.

Still, I’m not complaining. It’s a really nice beer regardless.

View attachment 27613
A nice beer is a nice beer... looks lovely. 3# seems plenty, so I'd scratch that one. Still... a nice beer is a nice beer :)

I have drunk enough beers brewed with spruce tips to know that I like what spruce tips bring to a beer. There is a spruce tree in our neighborhood, I might be looking to harvest some tips in season. It would be cool to brew a CDA. A good topic to look into.
Aren't some spruce tips poisonous to humans?

image.jpg
Best IPA+, dry hopped with Mosaic. This has good hop aroma and flavor, with firm bitterness. A local friend has requested a few bottles, so I think this batch will go fast - no time to go stale. In a market full of good IPA’s, I made a good one for myself, and to share with others.

Is that the Q4 amber @Herm brews ?
Looks great
Thanks Zambesi. This is my own Amber Ale, which I considered entering as the Quarterly Community Brew last year when my name was drawn. Actually this latest version is my fourth iteration, and I really like it.

MyDSC21-124.jpg

Test bottle of my budget Scottish Export, ABV: 5%. Doing very well at just four weeks. No head but this beer style is always thin when I make it anyways. Lacing not lasting very long at this stage but it has a lovely gentle carb and mouth. Brought this straight from storage instead of via fridge and that was a good decision. May well come into play towards the back end of festivities.

Back