What are you drinking right now?

Yum
20230706_202400.jpg

My first beer in over a week.

MyDSC21-094.jpg

Eight month old (kegged) Strong Bitter. ABV: 4.5%. Actually closer to a Yorkshire Bitter this time - well the local water obviously plays a part in that but essentially just slight tweaks applied. Noticeable floral element in the aroma but also got a couple of fishy whiffs off it - dismissed that the first time but definately there and I don't use clearing agents. Thin but consistent head and carbonation. Finally got the priming right in a mini-keg or the slightly extra maturation time made the difference. A pleasantly odd beer.

M47 Beach brew
View attachment 25900

Got 1 bottle left, but that's a 1.5 litre one :)
Your photos always remind me of a stretch of the River Murray along the South Australia/ New South Wales (or is that Victoria?) border, near a town called Murray Bridge. One of the most relaxing weekends I’ve ever was on the Murray with friends on their house boat. Went to see Adelaide Crows live that same weekend.

I don't think I ever had a homebrew older than 2-3 months.
Maybe I got addictive personality syndrome ;)
I am a fairly light drinker these days, beerwise at least. My reserves can soon build up and stuff just gets pushed further back so has more time to mature. I aren't super organised or anything LOL

Second draw from this keg of bitter today, it was so nice I ended up having a few pints watching tour de France with my feet up. Thankfully the fishy smell seems to have gone :)

I am a fairly light drinker these days, beerwise at least. My reserves can soon build up and stuff just gets pushed further back so has more time to mature. I aren't super organised or anything LOL

Second draw from this keg of bitter today, it was so nice I ended up having a few pints watching tour de France with my feet up. Thankfully the fishy smell seems to have gone :)
I just put it down to some days your just more thirsty :p.

Back