What are you drinking right now?

Josh I'd love to hear your favourite Bunyip story :).
Me too!

OK, trying this Brazilian Black Beer, imported from... Canada.

Label says 'Smooth as Silk'. It is smooth, gotta admit. Doesn't keep a head for long, nice malt-forward flavor but balanced. At 4.6% very drinkable.

CEB354E5-B3C6-4E7D-B3F6-452C742A0F43.jpeg

@Brother Ryan just kidding around with you man.

If I were to add fruit to Bunyip I'd probably go Apricot into the Whirlpool hot and I'd blitz it up in a food processor.
Amounts wise I'd add 100g of the dried stuff just to err on the side of caution.

I think this Apricot fruit flavour would jive well with the new world tropical hops:)

You wanna see a story on my bunyip beer click on the forum link I added back a bit in this thread.

Wanna know more about the Australian Bunyip consult Dr Google :).
Cheers

I have finally figured out the difference in my Swisher 24” Predator rough cut mower and a 400 pound bear. 1. I would probably never willingly grab hold of a 400 pound bear. 2. The bear would eventually get tired or at least get bored with tossing me around like a rag doll a lot sooner than the mower does. I’ve spent the last two days cutting about 2 acres of feral undergrowth and will admit that the Swisher 24” Predator is a mower for a much younger man, certainly not for one that has a bad back and 3 rotator cuff surgeries. Today’s treat and celebration is a Helles Dopplebock from our good friends down in the bayou state. Pity is I gotta take this slow at 8%. Quite yummy though.
image.jpg

Pale ale is coming along nicely best hop flavor I've had in a long while
20230512_164512.jpg

And this rice lager still punching myself that I made the malt in this
20230512_170816.jpg

It's definitely tasting like a lager just left of field quite a lovely spritzy lemon aroma going on.

Its pretty good it will satisfy my pilsner urges in brewing I'm thinking :)

View attachment 25384 On our way up the McKenzie River drainage, we stopped at Plank Town Brewing Company in Springfield. She’s having Babb’s Amber Lager, Alpine Trail Pale Ale for me. Neat place, with the brewery in full canning operation as we sit.
I like the circular tap rotation something different.
Does it go right the way around?

Would make it tricky to run the lines

I like the circular tap rotation something different.
Does it go right the way around?

Would make it tricky to run the lines
The bar was in the shape of a horse shoe, and everything is in a lumber mill theme. Funny how oversleeping and making a wrong turn can lead to discovery. This place has been on our radar, but we didn’t figure we’d end up there today.

20230513_153554.jpg

First draught of ginger beer straight out the tap 30psi baby :p.

This is a tounge tingler and throat burner lol wowie it's a bloody beautiful belly warmer of a ginger beer:D.

400g of ginger 100 in the boil 300 juiced along with 3 kafir limes I rekon I'll up the limes to 5 next run it's there but I want more:)!

Brewed and served in the keg rough and ready like the brewer...:rolleyes:

Oh I think I might call this one Trouble Maker
It'll make Trouble out of you....:p

So easy to brew so dangerous to drink...

Back