What are you drinking right now?

For an American Brown it pushes the top of it's style but it does it in an even way. We have tried several variations but original recipe is still best IMO. THATS A NICE LOOKING GLASS.
I agree, it could easily fit the American Brown IPA Style. That’s where I’m headed next with it by eliminating the Carapils and featuring the hops a little more.

Irish red ale. Probably only 3-4 pints left in the keg
E3D3924A-43D9-4ABC-8492-336A403C1BA0.jpeg

First bottle of Lot 48 pale ale. I wish it had finished a few points higher (FG 1.006), but I like it. Good aroma (citrusy, pepper spicy), nice and bitter, dry finish. Could use more malt presence, but that could be perceived due to low FG and 2:1 SO4:Cl2. I think she's a keeper!
20210122_163931.jpg

Are you worthy? :D

Used to be one of my favorites, but haven't even thought of it for several years.

Lemon Myrtle mead brewed feb last year almost a year old.
20210123_191353.jpg

Fermented with hornindal final abv 13%!
That yeast is da bomb.
The ginger is really pronounced in it.
It is a little hot with a bit of ginger bite.
I could imagine this would be great on a cold winter's night by the flame.
It has a subtle honey sweetness from memory it fermented to near 1.000 Too!

I've got a bucket full of honey that I'll be trying some more later this year:)

Are you worthy? :D

Used to be one of my favorites, but haven't even thought of it for several years.
It's been years since I've had it as well and just happened to come across an old thread on it on hbt while looking up some info on hops. Decided to put a recipe together and have it in que to brew.
I just hope I'm worthy...

Lemon Myrtle mead brewed feb last year almost a year old.View attachment 13823
Fermented with hornindal final abv 13%!
That yeast is da bomb.
The ginger is really pronounced in it.
It is a little hot with a bit of ginger bite.
I could imagine this would be great on a cold winter's night by the flame.
It has a subtle honey sweetness from memory it fermented to near 1.000 Too!

I've got a bucket full of honey that I'll be trying some more later this year:)

How could you imagine a cold winters night?
:p:p:p:p:p:D

I agree, it could easily fit the American Brown IPA Style. That’s where I’m headed next with it by eliminating the Carapils and featuring the hops a little more.
A touch more bitter addition and then bomb the whirlpool?
Reminds me to get our "mud in your eyepa" recipe back in rotation.

Last edited:
It's been years since I've had it as well and just happened to come across an old thread on it on hbt while looking up some info on hops. Decided to put a recipe together and have it in que to brew.
I just hope I'm worthy...

Glad to see it's available in single serving bottles now. Last time I had some, it was only available in bombers.

Lemon Mash Saison

I’m getting lemon citrus from the lemons in the mash, a subtle but unmistakable Saison bite from the yeast and a bit of white wine from the Nelson Sauvin hops. Actually, the hops could have contributed to all 3! Very dry and at 7%, a bit sneaky. Have to say that I like this effort from the Belle Saison fermented cooler around 70 than when I made this last summer and ran it up to 80.

4C5FC05A-D0F1-4298-9F30-CD03AB3DB962.jpeg

Back