What are you doing with homebrew today?

You'll drink more :)
I have the same issue with bombers as you
I've gone to smaller (standard) glass with the keg, but it leaves no evidence behind.... Just when it is gone, it's gone
“A little top off” gets me sometimes in my small glasses too. I tried a half pint glass for one of the Community zooms. Most I ever drank on one lol

I just kegged my Bitter. Looks like a single malt scotch. Super clear as well.

Brown Ale stopped at 1.013 as I thought it might. Divided it up between a 2 gallon, two 1 gallon kegs and a couple of 1 Litre PET bottles. Gonna condition for a week. Normally it is 4 days with this but I think the darker tweak in the malt plus slightly higher ABV may need a little longer.

Liking my new brewing schedule and sticking with it so far :cool:

Moved 2 gallons of one year old barrel aged Cantillon onto six pounds of raspberries, a bottle of Jester King de Coupage, as well as a half gallon of fresh wheat beer. Can’t wait to see how it evolves over the next few months.
Started a cold crash on an English Mild and a Kolsch.

image.jpg
Putting my first hop rhizome in the planter box that I built using scrap lumber. Hopefully I get some Centennial hops to brew with in Autumn.

Latest batch has been at FG for 3 days so it's cold crashing in the fridge. My only drinkable homebrew is a kolsch that fermented too hot and is drinkable but not pleasant. Fingers crossed this golden ale turns out good if not great

Interesting take on this beer style using Voss there Ward.

I'm interested in you take on this once it's conditioned.:)

What can I say? I was in a hurry....the shelves were getting empty!

I kept going with the style scoffing and bumped up the priming to 2.75 volumes for a nice head and a little carbonic bite and boy that delivered. I had an early sample last night while bottling the other half of the batch being 5 gallons of Mild with T-58. The Voss was great..sweet and smooth...just like I like it. Sorry but no pics...I was in a hurry...again!

The T-58 sample had a little ginger finish to it so here's to mutt beers!

20230426_220954.jpg

I got a quart and a half of slurry off the batch too that might be the going into another Albany batch...stay tuned sportsfans!

I brewed a batch of gingery wheat with Voss this morning.
Similar to the batch before Q2, the one I struggled carbonating.
Not the same as I increased ginger and put it in later in the boil. I pounded the ginger with lemon peel in my pestle and mortar. I really hope there is no trace of garlic in the beer :)
Fermentation temps will be different as well

I brewed a batch of gingery wheat with Voss this morning.
Similar to the batch before Q2, the one I struggled carbonating.
Not the same as I increased ginger and put it in later in the boil. I pounded the ginger with lemon peel in my pestle and mortar. I really hope there is no trace of garlic in the beer :)
Fermentation temps will be different as well
Oh, I don't know, there is a market for just about everything. Check out this recipe. Lemon Garlic Ginger Drink Recipe (thetolerantvegan.com)

What can I say? I was in a hurry....the shelves were getting empty!

I kept going with the style scoffing and bumped up the priming to 2.75 volumes for a nice head and a little carbonic bite and boy that delivered. I had an early sample last night while bottling the other half of the batch being 5 gallons of Mild with T-58. The Voss was great..sweet and smooth...just like I like it. Sorry but no pics...I was in a hurry...again!

The T-58 sample had a little ginger finish to it so here's to mutt beers!

View attachment 25213
I got a quart and a half of slurry off the batch too that might be the going into another Albany batch...stay tuned sportsfans!
Looks like a lovely colour by the light shining through the neck of that bottle.

Ginger beer is in the keg free balling :D.
No temperature control no temperature readings down and dirty brewing going on here ladies and gents.

20230501_110351.jpg

Fermentation is already underway transfer temp was 19c out the kettle so this Windsor ale yeast will be happy with that.
I spun a 2.5lt RWS last night so I'm expecting this to go nuts today!

Oh thinking I'll add the juiced ginger and kafir lime juice into the keg at end of fermentation and let this naturally carb the keg for serving.
I think it'll work nicely.
Floating diptube in there so not totally throwing caution to the wind:).

Back